Droid 3 powers itself on

ba_rt

Reaction score
Not sure how it's possible, hardware-wise, but it has happened to me 3 times already. I completely power off my D3 and 2 to 15 minutes later, it powers itself on. Power-off is completely normal, it goes through all the stages. When I power it off again, it does not come back to life by itself.

I guess it's becoming self-aware. I, for one, welcome our new Droid overlords...

neilrl79

Reaction score
Yeah, i've experienced this as well. Just happened to me @work today, was getting ready to take an exam, the instructor told everyone to turn off their phones, i turned mine off put it in my pocket, 2 minutes later i hear "DROID" coming from my pocket. Luckily the instructor didn't hear.

I think there is a thread on the Motorola Owners Forum with a few other people having the same problem.

jenntas

Reaction score
Same issue here. Mine just started last night and I've had mine since thursday. When we got our Droid X's we had a few glitches and did a master reset a few day later and issues were gone. Maybe the same is true with the D3. Any battery issues? My son's battery last forever and mine dies fast. He uses his phone constantly & I don't. Guess I have to take mine back to Verizon & see what the problem is

DonaldFR

Reaction score
Droid 3 power-on sound work-aroun

When we got our Droid X's we had a few glitches and did a master reset a few day later and issues were gone.

Did this work? I've found, if you turn the sound off before turning off the machine, when it spontaneously turns back on the sound remains off.

davishusband

Reaction score
Not sure how it's possible, hardware-wise, but it has happened to me 3 times already. I completely power off my D3 and 2 to 15 minutes later, it powers itself on. Power-off is completely normal, it goes through all the stages. When I power it off again, it does not come back to life by itself.

I guess it's becoming self-aware. I, for one, welcome our new Droid overlords...

See my picture number 5 is alive!!!!

Proud of my bloated D3, I don't miss unstable roms on my D1 at all!