anyone experience a random power-up?

zero7404

Reaction score
i shut off my phone about 10-15 mins ago and while sitting next to it it just turned itself on.

i dont have any schedules or settings im aware of that would cause the phone to power up, and im not sure of its possible for anything except the power button to turn the phone on ....

this is very strange. when the phone is off is it really off ?

sent via android

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
seriously, im not making this stuff up ....

sent via android

michael101108

Reaction score
my dx hasnt been waiting 10-15 min to do this. mine has been doing it as soon as i turn it off. as soon as the screen goes black, the red m comes up and it boots back up.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
this is the first time it happened .... strange

Tom Williams

Reaction score
Mine does it about half the time I turn it off. Mine started with the GB update. I had to have the phone replaced and the replacement does the samething. It's the new restart feature with GB. :)

kevinkar

Reaction score
It's happened to me about 4 times since receiving GB. It just did it last night as a matter of fact. Turned it off, put it down and within 30 seconds it just started up. I let it finish booting up and turned it off again and it stayed off.

What bothers me is that I turned it off a few nights ago, went to bed, got up, picked up the phone, and pressed the button to turn it on but instead of taking a long press of the button, it came on immediately. I knew what happened so I checked the battery stats and, sure enough, it was on for the last 9 hours. Pretty much since I turned it off.

So anyone thinking the phone is off and saving battery power should think again.

I have been looking at aLogCat to view log information but I don't see anything in the logs that indicate it's powering up for a reason. I'm getting into the habit of clearing the logs right before powering off to see if it will somehow register what the heck it's doing.

This is definitely a GB thing and I wish someone would get on the forums and explain what's going on.

bigdog9586

Reaction score
Mine does it about half the time I turn it off. Mine started with the GB update. I had to have the phone replaced and the replacement does the samething. It's the new restart feature with GB. :)

Mine does it to. GB is screwed up.

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
May have happened once but the phone was in a pocket so the button may have been hit by something.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
so this is a known gb issue then ... anyone know what causes it ? when the power is off what triggers the bootup (other than the power button) ?

sent via android

Snow02

Reaction score
Use sleep mode instead of off. It's essentially the same thing but won't turn back on.

kevinkar

Reaction score
Use sleep mode instead of off. It's essentially the same thing but won't turn back on.
I'm willing to bet this new feature has something to do with this. I've used sleep mode a lot but sometimes shut it off anyway. I just need to get into the habit of doing that instead.

OP
zero7404

zero7404

Reaction score
turning the phone off and back on clears the dns cache and reloads the system fresh. it also refreshes app data that gets pushed to them, like weather info, news, etc.

sent via android