Hello I'm new to the Droid 3 Forum :)

tuffD1

Reaction score
Did my first private purchase (off of craigslist, YIKES!). Got me-self a used D3. 1 scratch inside the black area of the top left corner, not on the screen. Couple dings on the bezel. Came with box, hdmi cable, usb cord minus the power block. So far so good, no problems to report at this time.
Anything from you D3 users I should know about/tryout?

Sent from my STOCK D³

Alcapwn89

Reaction score
Did my first private purchase (off of craigslist, YIKES!). Got me-self a used D3. 1 scratch inside the black area of the top left corner, not on the screen. Couple dings on the bezel. Came with box, hdmi cable, usb cord minus the power block. So far so good, no problems to report at this time.
Anything from you D3 users I should know about/tryout?

Sent from my STOCK D³

Sup broceph :icon_ lala:

Nothing really, I would suggest you check if your phone is fully updated by hitting the menu button>settings>status>system updates. If it says there are no more updates, your all set!

Also, a case for your phone would probably be a good idea since you bought it off craigslist, and thus don't have an insurance on it. I get all of my phone cases off ebay for cheap:

Droid 3 hard case | eBay

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Did'ja check the "water" sticker under the rear cover? ;) Just teasing -- I posted a thread the other day about an eBay ad in which the seller kind of smoothly mentions that the phone had been "touched by water":

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3/193185-funny-ebay-ad-droid-3-a.html

Seriously, welcome to the forum and to the awesome world of Droid. Actually wooops saw the Droid 1 in your sig -- guess you know your way around!

-Matt

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Its a great device!

If you root and such make sure you check out SafeStrap, and the ROMs available!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Congrats on the unofficial upgrade. Enjoy!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Did'ja check the "water" sticker under the rear cover? ;) Just teasing -- I posted a thread the other day about an eBay ad in which the seller kind of smoothly mentions that the phone had been "touched by water":

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-3/193185-funny-ebay-ad-droid-3-a.html

Seriously, welcome to the forum and to the awesome world of Droid. Actually wooops saw the Droid 1 in your sig -- guess you know your way around!

-Matt

Thanx.
I saw that link a couple of days before the D3. Good reminder for me to check before the purchase.
I came in a little late too root'n'rom'n the D1(late last spring/summer I think?). But it was fun and I feel like a pro now(NOT). All thanks to DroidForums of course.
Now that I have a D3, noob all over again :)

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Welcome! Its a great device!

If you root and such make sure you check out SafeStrap, and the ROMs available!

Thanx. I started the research on rooting. But it got a little confusing about the safestrap and some other deal(can't remember right now). Need some quite time from the kids and some good tunes to do this. As far as ROM, I think I will hang with stock for a couple weeks(maybe a couple days). I still need to get use to this keyboard, my thumb memory is still use to the D1 :)

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Congrats on the unofficial upgrade. Enjoy!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Cyan Tapatalk

Unofficial Upgrade = Sweet! Even sweeter when the employee inside the VZW store activates it for me. LOL (I know I could have done it myself at home)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Unofficial Upgrade = Sweet! Even sweeter when the employee inside the VZW store activates it for me. LOL (I know I could have done it myself at home)

Nice! And now you will have that upgrade to play with still :)

vbhokiefan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome! Now root that thing, install Safestrap, and head over to the Maverick thread an install one awesome ROM. ;-)

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Okay, question? Step 1 root, Step 2 safestrap OR step 1 safestrap step 2 root?

Sent from a beat PE v6.5 wi-fi D1 or a used Stock D3

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay, question? Step 1 root, Step 2 safestrap OR step 1 safestrap step 2 root?

Have to root to install safestrap.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas as to why my downloads for the root and 64 bit drivers go up in time, instead of a normal countdown? It goes from a couple minutes to 10+ hours, what the heck. Never had this problem.

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Reverted back to Internet Explorer (been using google chrome internet shortcut as my default for a couple months). Guess what? No problems downloading/extracting files. Now the driver link I was trying for, was only for the 64 bit. Found the 32 bit. WHOOT WHOOT FOR ROOT! Safestrap too :)

OP
tuffD1

tuffD1

Reaction score
Maybe a ROM tomorrow