Droid 2 Showing Incorrect Time

Blakely

Reaction score
Occasionally, my D2 has the wrong time displayed. Anyone have any ideas why?

Reaction score
Yes, are you reading the time from a widget? Because if you use launcherpro, and put the time widget or beautiful widgets on your homescreen, sometimes it'll freeze and display the wrong time. The time on your notification bar should be correct 24/7. The time that comes up before you unlock the phone should always be correct too.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

Blakely

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. But this morning when I checked my phone it was exactly 1 hour off in both the widget and the notification bar. I am using the stock launcher too. If I turn the phone off and restart the time is correct again. but this could be a real bummer if I'm using this as an alarm. Can't trust it now.

Reaction score
that's weird. Go to settings, date and time (should be near the bottom), is "automatic" check marked? Its check marked on mine.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
B

Blakely

Reaction score
I called Verizon & within 5 hours they called me back with the answer. It was NOT my phone but a database misconfiguration on one of the cell towers in my area. I actually heard back from both the service technician & the rep I spoke with this morning. I am very please with that level of customer service. And glad it wasn't my phone. Hope this helps other. Call Verizon if you experience this yourselves.