Decision time!

buzzforb

Reaction score
I have read call about call quality issues on the droid 2 making me want the droid x, but the d2 is closer to the size i am wanting and can also be had cheaper. Is this a software problem, individual phone problem and will it be any better on the x since it is pretty much the same spec wise. I do still use my cell phone as a phone occasionally, so this is important. Is there a better droid phone on verizon for call quality.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have read call about call quality issues on the droid 2 making me want the droid x, but the d2 is closer to the size i am wanting and can also be had cheaper. Is this a software problem, individual phone problem and will it be any better on the x since it is pretty much the same spec wise. I do still use my cell phone as a phone occasionally, so this is important. Is there a better droid phone on verizon for call quality.

I've had zero call quality issues, either on my D1 or D2...

There is a known issue w/call quality issues w/some cases that block one of the microphones on the D1 (and presumably would on the D2 as well)...

Cunha

Reaction score
Buzzforb - the stuff you are referring to was a software issue on early pre release droids. You can find one big name review that mentions the issue..and then tons of discussion about the issue from people that don't own the phone.

Most of the people here actually own the phone and never ran into the issue because it wasn't on the release phones as far as I know.

You don't have to worry about it. PLUS if you are getting it from verizon via a 2 year contract they will let you swap it out for a new phone if it has any kind of problems.

So get the phone that suits you best.

OP
B

buzzforb

Reaction score
Is there any reason why the DX would have better call quality than the D2

Cunha

Reaction score
No there isn't, but I hear that it is the case. Try both at the store. I've read that the D2 has some faint buzzing or something. I am a soon to be D2 owner and have not seen either in the store yet or used either so I can't confirm this. You'll have to try. Both have great call quality though.

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
No there isn't, but I hear that it is the case. Try both at the store. I've read that the D2 has some faint buzzing or something. I am a soon to be D2 owner and have not seen either in the store yet or used either so I can't confirm this. You'll have to try. Both have great call quality though.

I do not have any call issues at all and acutally throught the D2 sounded more clear than the OD (original droid).

redhed

Reaction score
I had the iPhone 4 and my husband, dad and friends say that I sound much clearer on this phone.

everstar80

Reaction score
Personally, I haven't had any problems with calls being dropped or any buzzing. Just go to the store like the other posters said and see which one works out for you. Hope it works out for ya.

kechamb

Reaction score
I have had the D2 for just a little over a week now and haven't noticed any problems with call quality. When I was looking at different phones that was one of the things that bothered me too and after asking questions here and doing a little research found that this was not a issue and if there were any call problems it was a regional thing where reception is poor anyway. One other note my son has the X and has no problems with it either.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I actually have noticed minimal buzzing on calls but only if the volume is all the way up and the person i'm talking to is really loud. But I guess that's to be expected. Nothing to write home about though.