Droid 2 - SBF update (2.2.20 -> 2.3.20) causes boot loop

OnoSendi

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to update to 2.3.20 from 2.2.20.

These are the instructions I used for my current SBF: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-rooted-help/76378-droid-2-sbf.html

These are the instructions I'm following to try and update: TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Am I supposed to replace pst_flash.ini the same way I did in my original update? Regardless, I tried flashing to new SBF with, and without patching pst_flash.ini. Both result in a boot loop. Any reason why this would be happening? Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks for your time.

OP
O

OnoSendi

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to update to 2.3.20 from 2.2.20.

These are the instructions I used for my current SBF: Droid 2 sbf

These are the instructions I'm following to try and update: TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Am I supposed to replace pst_flash.ini the same way I did in my original update? Regardless, I tried flashing to new SBF with, and without patching pst_flash.ini. Both result in a boot loop. Any reason why this would be happening? Anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks for your time.

OP
O

OnoSendi

Reaction score
Is it possible to brick my device switching between back to the older SBF? The newer SBF was boot looping, so I tried flashing the older SBF, and now I'm getting this:

Bootloader
D2.35
Err: A5,70,70,00,1F

MEW_MAP Blank
Service Req'd
Battery OK
OK to Program

OP
O

OnoSendi

Reaction score
Jeez, fixed it finally. I just needed to do a cache/data wipe, and no more boot loop.

For those of you who run into this problem, you can do this by:

1.) Holding x on physical keyboard
2.) When triangle appears, hit the search button on physical keyboard
3.) Wipe cache
4.) Wipe Data
5.) Reboot

Thanks guys.