Tbh d2 2.3.20

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
apps are loading up now :) ....

I get the ota and I keep root. And now devs get something to work their themes off of. Yup TBH is helping keep the community moving forward.

here is a DROOOOID to them.

wmnomore

Reaction score
2.3.20 is the system name thru verizon. Android version will be 2.2.

Look in your about phone screen.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After I loaded it all up I got f/cs so I went into recovery (it dont matter whether stock or clockwork) and I wiped data and cache. Rebooted and its working good now :) .

MrKleen

Reaction score
Your thread is not the same as the guys thread you closed and re-routed here from general discussions. If someone wanted to install a Rom they would come here, if they wanted to ask a general question they would go to "general discussions". Why do you close a guys thread that simply asked a question?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your thread is not the same as the guys thread you closed and re-routed here from general discussions. If someone wanted to install a Rom they would come here, if they wanted to ask a general question they would go to "general discussions". Why do you close a guys thread that simply asked a question?

If you get the ota and you root your phone its the exact same if you just install the ota already rooted. So I routed him here to save the op the time. Why go through the trouble of unfreezing apps or flashing an sbf to get back to stock, just to flash an ota that you are going to reroot again anyway. Instead just load it up and move on. Instead of doing 3 or 4 steps you are doing one. So essentially yes may can install the ota but you have to go through the trouble of making sure key apps are there or it will fail. Its more of a headache to do it that way then just installing tbh rooted ota.

piffey

Reaction score
They say later on in the thread that their sources told them not to release it yet, so the sbf is sitting in limbo.

*Luke*

Reaction score
real quick question:

if I install this update.zip, is it going to mess with Fission 1.2 that I'm currently running? (This would be my first time going through an update either rooted OR running a custom ROM... please forgive my being a nub here)

wmnomore

Reaction score
If all goes well, you'll just be using the most recent vzw release. It is not a custom rom and still has the bloatware.

Make sure you do a backup first. That way you can just go back to what you were using very easily.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Check these guys out. Man a rooted ota already. I am loading it up now and am ready to see this thing.

Any way check it out here:

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

I have a Droid 2 which is rooted with a stock ROM and I have Koush's bootstrap app. Can I just download the 2.3.20 Odexed Update.zip file from TBH & MyDroidWorld and install it or do I need to wait for the SBF file?

If I can install the file, will I maintain root? Does it include the baseband update too? Thanks.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
You can use the odex update and keep root...any root programs need to have cache and data cleared after reboot to make them run right again...at least I had to.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Check these guys out. Man a rooted ota already. I am loading it up now and am ready to see this thing.

Any way check it out here:

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

I have a Droid 2 which is rooted with a stock ROM and I have Koush's bootstrap app. Can I just download the 2.3.20 Odexed Update.zip file from TBH & MyDroidWorld and install it or do I need to wait for the SBF file?

If I can install the file, will I maintain root? Does it include the baseband update too? Thanks.

You can install it through clockwork. Follow the instructions on MDW. Its simple. Now I wiped data and cache just to get a clean start. It works good. Besides the have the full sbf out for it.