Droid 2 Root Help

Reaction score
ugh, why is rooting so hard? i followed the instructions flawlessly for the sticky at the top of this section, but everytime i exit the command emulator program, im still looking at the $ sign, there's supposed to be a # sign.

The only thing i can think it would be is where i placed the superuser and other files at. i placed them under /mnt/sdcard

Here is what the command line prompt looks like :

export PATH=/data/loca/bin:$PATH
$ $cd /tmp
$ cp /sdcard/rage.bin/tmp
usage: cp [-Rfhip] src target;
cp [-Rfhip] src1 ... srcN directory
$ chmod 777rage.bin
Usage: chmod <MODE> <FILE>
$ ./rage.bin
./rage.bin: not found

That's what it tells me. The guide says to ignore the outcome and wait for the $ to show back up, but it comes up instantly. So i force close it like the guide tells me, i then press the home button, and click the app and im greeted with $. What am i doing wrong?

EDIT : The instructions say that any lines starting with * are optional. i thought that meant anything after that sign was optional so i didn't include it.

Anyways, thank you Eousphoros. I can now go download SetCPu and Wireless tether from the market, and many more apps that require root access.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ive already seen that method, there's a ton of steps to do that sound complicated. This one has the least steps, but it's already giving me trouble.

elcompaLalo

Reaction score
Ive already seen that method, there's a ton of steps to do that sound complicated. This one has the least steps, but it's already giving me trouble.

Wow, really! I had absolutely no experience rooting, after reading over all of the methods I found it to be the easiest. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Sent from Droid2

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
[video=youtube;SuaXu8kusvA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaXu8kusvA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

OP
R
Reaction score
I used the method at the top of this section where u use the terminal emulator. I found it pretty easy, I had a few issues but I overcame them

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App