Anyone having trouble rooting droid 2

darkonion

Reaction score
i rooted my droid, now in attempt to root my droid 2... i ran into issues with the extensions on the droid2root.rar file. i'm using windows vista at this moment, but am usually using windows 7. could this possibly be my problem? i know 7 excludes the extension to any file name, whereas vista doesn't. but even when i included the ".rar in the command prompt, it said it couldn't be found. someone, help?

You need to open the Droid2Root.rar and extract the four files in it. su, busybox, rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin, and Superuser.apk.

khaf

Reaction score
Got it on the first try so so easy. If anyone needs help and has team viewer i can do it for you just gotta catch me at the rite time early morning east coast time when the kids are sleeping.

Last edited:

pool_shark

Reaction score
I can't get any commands to work, I get the message command not recognized.

I edited my path and rebooted.
I have the D2 set at pc mode, and I tried it with charge only. With charge only the D2 actually says it's in debugging mode.

I'm running Vista 32 bit.

I extracted the SDK and the motorola drivers, the drivers won't install because I have a higher version already installed that came with the D2. I also have the droid2root files extracted and in the tools folder.

I originally had it in android-sdk-windows but moved it to DROID2 because it was easier to type.

I go to c:\DROID2\tools
type adb devices and I get command not recognized.

Had the same problem when it was in android-sdk-windows.

khaf

Reaction score
Good to here cuz at the moment Im trying to break up a royal rumble between 3 kids