Droid 2 issues over the last year.

CrimsonCatalyst

Reaction score
Alright so I've tried searching these forums, other forums and Google for my issue but so far I have had no luck. Over the last five or six months my droid 2 has been constantly locking up and being unresponsive requiring a battery pull. The keyboard reboot wouldn't even work half of the time. It has done it since froyo but now it seems to happen even more. Official Gingerbread was probably the worst offender out of everything that I ran on it. Right not I am on CM7-GB because it only happens a few times a week as opposed to a few times per day.

I doesn't usually freeze up without me running anything though. The main culprits are ANY game, Netflix and Google Maps. Now it's not all the time it does this, but when I go to play a game I know there is a good chance that it will lock up and need a battery pull 90% of the time regardless of how long I play or watch a video on Netflix. I have wiped numerous times, cleared cache, and of course sbf'd a few times.

My question is this, what can I do to fix this if anything? I am so tired of this happening it makes me not even want to use my phone for anything other than texting and calls. It's out of its warranty as well.

Thank you for your time.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I recommend you do a Factory Data Reset if you never have before. That may correct the issues.

OP
C

CrimsonCatalyst

Reaction score
I have done that quite a few times over the course of having the phone :/

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I'd sbf it and run the stock software with a custom launcher. The inability to change the kernel ALWAYS led to some kind of frustration for me. All across the board.