Droid 2 freezing after calls

Jeffyo

Reaction score
Started happening a few months ago. Both my wife's (stock 2.3.4) and mine (rooted CM7) both freeze after calls and randomly freeze up and become unresponsive periodically. I've sbf'd my phone to fix it but it eventually occurs. Anyone else experience this?

Because both our phones started doing this at the same time it almost seems like a self destruction of sorts. Why do both phones do this?

Will start logging the phone activity to see if anyone has an answer after I upload it.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The phone that's stock is probably because of issues with bloatware. The one on CM7 you'll have to check the thread for, but CM9 becomes laggy for me after a time and I have to reset it.

OP
J

Jeffyo

Reaction score
MissionImprobable said:
The phone that's stock is probably because of issues with bloatware. The one on CM7 you'll have to check the thread for, but CM9 becomes laggy for me after a time and I have to reset it.

I find it suspicious that they both started to do this at the same time. My wild guess is the boatloader contains script to create an error after a certain period of time (2 years). Maybe something Verizon can initiate or built into the phone. Because the boot loader is locked no one knows. But that is my conspiracy theory.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine worked without issue once I flashed MIUI to it. CM9 is the only Rom I've had issues with the phone becoming sluggish and it seems to be because it's such a Ram-intensive Rom. I wouldn't be surprised if CM7 is the same way.

OP
J

Jeffyo

Reaction score
This phone is such a POS after all. I'm out of contract so new phones are on the way.