Droid screen goes black everytime sensor is covered.

bayebd24

Reaction score
The screen on my Droid 2 goes black/locks when I cover the sensor button. This happens when I am using the phones to text/email or play a game. It gets real annoying because I have to press the power button and unlock the screen just to continue with what I was doing. Is ther a sensory problem with the Droid 2s and is there a fix. I want to throw my phone out the window because sometimes the screen goes black/locks consistently while trying to do anything. The screen went black/locked 3 times while typing this up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Does the D2 have in pocket detection? I know the Pro and my Bionic does.

If it's on turn it off.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

haimez

Reaction score
Under Settings -> Display -> In-Pocket Detection. Make sure that check box isn't enabled, because it would cause the issues you're explaining.

OP
B

bayebd24

Reaction score
So I thought I remember seeing the in pocket detection option, but it is not in the area you stated. Any other areas you can think of?

Under Settings -> Display -> In-Pocket Detection. Make sure that check box isn't enabled, because it would cause the issues you're explaining.

haimez

Reaction score
Sorry, that's where the option is on my Bionic. Dig around under settings and see if you can find it, because it would have to be an incredibly weird issue to not be related to in-pocket detection.