Droid 2 Hotspot

mithu

Reaction score
Quick question.

If I have unlimited plan for data for my Droid 2. Does that include the 2Gb hot spot data? or is that extra?

Thanx
Mithu

belome

Reaction score
I believe "officially" it cost an extra $20 a month.
kechamb is correct. It's $19.99/month extra to enable the 3g hot spot.

And that's for maximum 5 gb.

Unless it has changed recently, it was for 2 gig... and it was $50 a gig after the 2 gig is used up.

Edit - more info:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/mobilebroadband/?page=products_connect

2 GB (2,048 MB) of data usage for Internet access using your Smartphone to connect up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices or tether to your notebook.
$0.05/MB after allowance.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score
Yeah that's robbery. I just use wireless tether.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Gordon8452

Reaction score
You can also edit the cdma settings for login with qpst or cdma workshop, but they reset when you reboot. On HTC phones its easy you can just do a ##EPST and change the login settings there, but motorola makes things difficult. The only difference the official app sees when you go to tether is that the login for tethering is set as @dun.vzw3g.com instead of @vzw3g.com like when the phone is using data, so it redirects you. You can edit the nv table entries similar to what you would do if you were switching to another carrier to make it permament, but with less editing since you only care about the tethering entries. There are only 2 or 3 entries that need changing. I changed mine and the official app works fine for tethering, infrastructure mode and all. Has survived a few rom changes since it's in the underlying embedded file system, and it survived a *22899 reprogram, so it's working well.