Droid 2 getting boxed at packaging facilties, should arrive by August 23rd

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
9pqhpe.jpg

Haven't had your fill of Droid 2 goodness? Well, Engadget just leaked some information it received from a Droid 2 packaging plant. According to the tipster, Verizon's scheduled August 23rd release date for the Droid 2 is right on target. Furthermore, expect the Droid 2 to be released with an 8gig microSD card (let's hope you snagged a 32gb card for $50 on Friday). Pricing was also leaked to be a not-so-shocking $199 on contract, and $599 off-contract.

The tipster was also kind enough to grab a few snapshots of the inside of the packaging facility. Clearly you can see devices on the assembly line, as well as cardboard cutouts, which perhaps will be part of the Droid 2's boxing.

So, who's planning on purchasing a Droid 2?

source Engadget

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
those look like the droid not droid 2.. the chin is there and its black.

mottling

Reaction score
I don't really like the new color scheme of the Droid 2. And to be honest, there aren't that many improvements over the original Droid to justify a $200 purchase. I could just get an original Droid and overclock it to reach the same or better performance, and DLNA / redesigned keyboard aren't really deal makers for me.

As a prospective new Verizon customer, I'm stuck between the Droid Incredible, Droid X, and Droid 2. Right now I'm leaning toward Droid Incredible. I'd get the original Droid but I want to be able to get Gingerbread in October, and the Dinc qualifies.

wingsabr

Reaction score
I don't really like the new color scheme of the Droid 2. And to be honest, there aren't that many improvements over the original Droid to justify a $200 purchase. I could just get an original Droid and overclock it to reach the same or better performance, and DLNA / redesigned keyboard aren't really deal makers for me.

As a prospective new Verizon customer, I'm stuck between the Droid Incredible, Droid X, and Droid 2. Right now I'm leaning toward Droid Incredible. I'd get the original Droid but I want to be able to get Gingerbread in October, and the Dinc qualifies.
So does the droid 1, rumor debunked by google. I say go incredible, but that's just my opinion based on being a rooter and liking roms.

I'm waiting for the first LTE handsets and then I'm adding a line to get one.

chameleocat

Reaction score
look

OK take a look at the top picture of the three! That is a pic of the screens of the phone! Is anyone else noticing any type of beveled edge? I'm seeing what looks like the original droid not the droid 2!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Regardless if the pics are real or not, the Droid 2 is definately coming and all I have to say is *8gb card, what can you even fit on that. I guess since they are locking bootladers they figure we don't need that much storage for themes, roms and backups. I am not planning on getting the D2 I am wiating out my NE2 and seeing what kind of LTE products are available, but I am still glad I grabbed one of those $50.00 32gb micro SD's on Friday

mottling

Reaction score

So does the droid 1, rumor debunked by google. I say go incredible, but that's just my opinion based on being a rooter and liking roms.

I'm waiting for the first LTE handsets and then I'm adding a line to get one.

I've also considered waiting for an LTE handset, but that won't be until 2011, and LTE won't be in my area until 2013.

When did Google say the Droid 1 would be getting Gingerbread?

NYZ93

Reaction score

i agree completely the droid doesnt look tht good to begin with
and the D2 looks like even more crap

mottling

Reaction score

i agree completely the droid doesnt look tht good to begin with
and the D2 looks like even more crap

The moto blue color is not attractive.

I wonder if they'll be offering a cheaper upgrade price a la iPhone.

mforrest

Reaction score
can anyone give me some information on the 32gb card for 50 bucks? Thats an unheard of price... it is too late? I am sure I'm a dollar short and several days late, but you can't kill a guy for trying....

riahon

Reaction score
Count me out......I've commited to the X. Droid 2 isn't enough of an upgrade to me.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
can anyone give me some information on the 32gb card for 50 bucks?

It was up for about an hour on Verizons web site on Friday, possibly a mis print, but I got mine yesterday, best fifty I spent this month

markwebb

Reaction score

Exactly my sentiments. With Froyo 2.2 and OC kernels, my original Droid is quite spiffy...including my new 32GB SDcard.

If Droid X somehow gets rooted, then maybe I would spring for that...but I do like having the option of a keyboard. If not, then Dinc would be my choice w/o the keyboard since it has been rooted.