Official Verizon blog leaks DROID 2 details, launch on August 12th?

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
r9e7x4.jpg

When the leaks rain, they pour, so to speak. Earlier today we got news that Best Buy is starting to stock DROID 2 accessories. We also saw the official DROID 2 user guide make an appearance. What could be next on a leaker's agenda? A release date. And according to Verizon Wireless insiders, the DROID 2 will be released on August 12th. Many other details about the DROID 2 were also confirmed, according to leaked screenshots of Verizon Wireless' internal blog. These details include that the DROID 2 will launch with FroYo (and consequently Adobe Flash), 8GB internal storage, an 8GB microSD card pre-installed, and all of Verizon's bloatware (goodies?).

While Verizon hasn't even made official the DROID 2, it is safe to assume that release is right around the corner. Being that August 12th is a mere 2 weeks away, we should expect an initial announcement shortly. Check out the rest of the leaked details below:

2m6a3x4.jpg

Source: Droid-Life

xpezdj

Reaction score
Not sure if I'm excited or not... nothing really special here.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

GrillMouster

Reaction score
The original droid came with a 16GB micro sd card. This one has the same capacity, but it's split between an 8GB micro sd card an d 8GB internal. The droid X has a 16GB card + 8GB internal, right?

khelek

Reaction score
I'm confused the screenshots make no mention of release date, 08/12 or otherwise. Outside of an r2d2 branded droid2 pic and a Star Wars furrie convention on 08/12 and what "they" rumor will happen, what pseudo-firm evidence do we have?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The original droid came with a 16GB micro sd card. This one has the same capacity, but it's split between an 8GB micro sd card an d 8GB internal. The droid X has a 16GB card + 8GB internal, right?

Right, before anyone sells the Original Droid to buy this, you better take out your 16 GB card and switch it with the tiny 8 this bad boy comes with

And for the record all three are capable of reading a GB micro SD, this is what I have in my Original Droid and it will carry over with me to my next device

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
And for the record all three are capable of reading a 32GB micro SD

I really like the news, but dislike the "No Edit" effect, it is almost like being on live T.V....there is no going back, and it's completely unforgiving, even early in the morning