Droid 2 Froyo 2.2.2 update problem

dark_matter

Reaction score
I tried to do a software update yesterday and it says the update is downloading but it has been over 12 hours and it doesnt say downloading in the notifications bar. I have tried backing up all my data and doing a factory reset but it does the same thing after the reinitialization. Is there a update.zip or something that can help me?

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The sbf is 2.2.2 do you have it rooted and bootstrapped I heard that causes problems

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I tried to do a software update yesterday and it says the update is downloading but it has been over 12 hours and it doesnt say downloading in the notifications bar. I have tried backing up all my data and doing a factory reset but it does the same thing after the reinitialization. Is there a update.zip or something that can help me?

You might try doing it over wifi if you have a good connection.

If this persists, you should take it to a VZW store or call support...

OP
D

dark_matter

Reaction score
i called support and they gave me permission to use rsd lite, i did not root it i just got it... the overwrite worked

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
i called support and they gave me permission to use rsd lite, i did not root it i just got it... the overwrite worked

Hmmm...never heard of them doing that before.

Did you tell them you had it and the SBF, and would it be OK? They didn't suggest it, did they?

Interesting.

OP
D

dark_matter

Reaction score
i told them that i had rsd lite and the sbf from motorola directly and they noted my account that i knew what i was doing and they gave me the go ahead

travelingfool

Reaction score
Note on account: "Be advised that this customer is a known hacker. In the event of any device returns, take special note to thoroughly investigate if device has ever been rooted, and deny future claims accordingly."

Lol, just kidding. I couldn't resist.

jaytay4589

Reaction score
I've been having the same problem on mine, but I don't really want to do anything unofficial etc

OP
D

dark_matter

Reaction score
If you are not technically inclined please take it into a verizon store and ask them to reflash your phone to the latest update.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

It must been vzw support. When I called vzw they had a moto rep and they wanted me to go to a vzw store. When I told them they did not have the ability and if I could do it myself. They made it clear that people are not to have the rsdlite program.
Now I did use rsdlite to fix that issue, but I know moto does not want the public using it.....

jaytay4589

Reaction score

It must been vzw support. When I called vzw they had a moto rep and they wanted me to go to a vzw store. When I told them they did not have the ability and if I could do it myself. They made it clear that people are not to have the rsdlite program.
Now I did use rsdlite to fix that issue, but I know moto does not want the public using it.....

so when you are saying they did not have the ability, do you mean that if i take mine to a vzw store they wont be able to fix the issue?

LoneWolf15

Reaction score
Sorry to ask a (possibly) n00b-ish question, but is 2.2.2 officially out for the Droid 2?

My Droid 2 lists as OS 2.2, and checking for an update says I'm fully up-to-date.

OP
D

dark_matter

Reaction score
Sorry to ask a (possibly) n00b-ish question, but is 2.2.2 officially out for the Droid 2?

My Droid 2 lists as OS 2.2, and checking for an update says I'm fully up-to-date.

The software version should be 2.2.20.A955.Verizon.en.us but the android version is still 2.2