Droid 2 still fails to update

DroidForTheWin

Reaction score
Ive been trying to update my droid for awhile now on multiple occasions and it just wont update. when ever i try it wont allow me to update, i completely download the file and then it takes me to the installation part and about 1/4 of the bar becomes yellow and then it just turns on and says that the update has failed. i did have a rooted device but i unrooted it and after that i restored it to factory settings twice. is there something else i need to do? please help!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can SBF, and retry.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will be flashing the original firmware onto your device.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Insidious

Reaction score
I am assuming you are on 2.2, and kernel version .330? I need to know this so I can get the right guide.

Insidious

Reaction score
This will work: http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/0...k-to-stock-2-2-to-receive-gingerbread-update/

To bring this into layman's terms, what could've happened is superuser/clockworkmod has either added or changed a directory in your system. This will flash the stock boot file, so essentially you are pushing the factory rom into your system. Before or after this process, you will need to do a factory reset just as you would do with any other rom. Hope this helps! I may or may not be a available tonight due to the new year's celebrations and whatnot, but I'll try to pop in to answer any questions you have.

OP
D

DroidForTheWin

Reaction score
This will work: How to: Return DROID2 Back to Stock 2.2 to Receive Gingerbread Update – Droid Life

To bring this into layman's terms, what could've happened is superuser/clockworkmod has either added or changed a directory in your system. This will flash the stock boot file, so essentially you are pushing the factory rom into your system. Before or after this process, you will need to do a factory reset just as you would do with any other rom. Hope this helps! I may or may not be a available tonight due to the new year's celebrations and whatnot, but I'll try to pop in to answer any questions you have.
ok this worked thank you so much!!!