Droid 2 Froyo 2.2.2 update problem

jaytay4589

Reaction score
i got my update to download finally, it just started to go after i did a battery pull!

wsblevins

Reaction score
Incompetent Tech Support

I too experienced the problem downloading the 2.2.20 Froyo update for my Droid 2. Basically, it would just not download the update. This went on for about 24 hours.

I contacted tech support by phone and they were completely clueless. Their response was to take my phone back to the Verizon store and get another one because it was defective.

The clerk at the Verizon store then proceeds to tell me that it was because they update had been pulled because it was faulty.

About an hour later, the update starts downloading and installed flawlessly.

It's not a Droid 2 problem, it's a Verizon problem.

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
I too experienced the problem downloading the 2.2.20 Froyo update for my Droid 2. Basically, it would just not download the update. This went on for about 24 hours.

I contacted tech support by phone and they were completely clueless. Their response was to take my phone back to the Verizon store and get another one because it was defective.

The clerk at the Verizon store then proceeds to tell me that it was because they update had been pulled because it was faulty.

About an hour later, the update starts downloading and installed flawlessly.

It's not a Droid 2 problem, it's a Verizon problem.

What version are you showing? 2.2.20?

Droid998

Reaction score
Is this update working now? I'm switching out a defective D2 for a new D2 and was wondering.I had no problems when I did the update on the defective D2 on 8/28.