2.2.2 did not install

mrvogt

Reaction score
I was rooted. Got the notification to update to FRG83G (2.2.2) this morning. Unrooted using SuperOneClick. Applied the update (did not reboot after unroot...). After rebooting, 2.2.2 was not installed, instead it shows that I'm at 2.2.1 and FRG83D. And now when I try to request the update, it says my phone is currently up to date.

What gives?

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Nope... me neither....

Same thing happened to me BUT:

>>> I not rooted!!!!<<< (was waiting to get the 2.2.2 update before taking the plunge)

I got the update notification... hit delay until I got into my office, plugged the phone into the power adapter, then hit "reboot and install".
I don't think it did the reboot, and it sure as heck didn't install 2.2.2!!!!

Key thing is, the update notification is GONE. Will I get it again?

chrom3

Reaction score
Mine did worked.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Total_Reborn

Reaction score
Rooted Droid 1, Did not update . But removed notification. Should I keep trying to update?

PainProphet

Reaction score
did the same for me, went to reboot and install and it never did it, recovery only brings up an exclamation/triangle/droid picture. There's now like 5 threads on this lolz non of them with an answer though lolz wonder how many days it will be before i get prompted to install it again, if at all!

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Mine worked fine this morning.
Phone seems to work a bit smoother as well, kind of like little hesitations are gone.
Not sure what this update was supposed to address though.

Same here. Got the update notification yesterday. Quickly downloaded and installed. My Droid is stock. It does seem a bit faster.

scottypinthemix

Reaction score
not rooted.
mine installed fine, but I can no longer send MMS messages. I can receive them tho.
WTF?!?