Droid 2 Extended Battery on Droid 1 Pics

Bilgediver

Reaction score
This is comparing the stock BP6X Battery with official BP7X Extended Battery made for the Droid 2. It does fit the original Droid, but due to its size it is a tight fight (it takes a tad more muscle to take the door off and put it on, and a tad more muscle to pull the battery out, too).

Comparing the two installed on the phone

Comparing the two batteries side by side

Comparing the two battery doors side by side

The Box it came in

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
The only downside I see is that it is Blue, and it is kinda noticeable, but it definitely doesn't kill it. The ability to get heavy use and last all day on my overclocked Droid....is awesome :)

As to the size, it adds a tiny bit of "bulk" to the back of the phone, but that actually doesn't detriment at all. Considering your hand "rounds" when holding it, it actually fits more naturally in my hand.

Barkleyfan

Reaction score
Sick, thanks for posting up. Wish I'd seen this a few weeks ago, before I got my X. Kinda wish I hadn't got the X anyways. The #fail is strong with this one. Hope the IncHD comes out by the 30th so I can swap and call it good.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's not so big - here is my Seidio 2800Mah and my Original Droid

jp98k8.jpg

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Also when I bought it I asked the rep and he lt me try out the battery door to see if it fit. I've seen a thread where someone wasn't allowed to, but I guess I had a better verizon rep. He also said he's never seen that, but now that he knows, he will let other people know

Droidforums.net appified!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looks like it fits nicely. I have a body glove case on my droid though. it wouldn't fit with that. Besides i get great battery life on it with Chevy's ulv kernels. I might however consider getting one for my droid X if I see fit.

OP
Bilgediver

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Looks like it fits nicely. I have a body glove case on my droid though. it wouldn't fit with that. Besides i get great battery life on it with Chevy's ulv kernels. I might however consider getting one for my droid X if I see fit.

I have a body glove case, but I don't use it because the "snaps" don't hold it anymore. it should fit because there was enough of a gap between the back of my droid and the case

Droidforums.net appified!