Droid 2 Extended Battery on Droid 1 Pics

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by Bilgediver, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Laurence5905

Laurence5905 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Received the new Droid 2 Extended Battery today (with the included new battery-door).

Such an EASY FIT into the Droid 1. Inserting the battery was a piece of cake -- totally popped into place just as easily as the original battery used to.

Closing the new battery-door requires just a *bit* more force than the old one did, but really not bad at all. Never felt like I was going to break it trying to slide it into place; I just had to apply a little pressure to the bottom-end of the door while sliding it upwards and it popped in there...

Haven't had it long enough to know if it's going to be worth it, but I'm thinking it should be -- almost an extra 50% capacity, and I didn't have to buy a new multimedia dock.

So glad you posted this! I *never* would've thought about buying this battery if I hadn't seen this post.

2. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    *UPDATE*

The Body Glove Case for the Droid 2 FITS MY DROID.
    But only the back half, the front half I still have to use the Body Glove case for my Original.

The Body glove case for the Droid 2 contains a bit of an extra "pocket" in the back that the official extended battery fits right into.

3. tareq

tareq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my snaps are broken as well now so I am using "double face tab" and it work perfect!

q: how many hours you have with this and how much cost you?

4. tareq

tareq Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so guys who wants to share how many hours you are getting with the extend battery?
    me: original battery a little over medium use, at best 17 hours

5. FastKatt

FastKatt Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Why is this buried in the D2 boards?
    This is about putting a D2 Extended life battery in an ORIGINAL DROID...
    Nothing like hiding some great info...

Maybe this needs to be moved?

6. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sweet thanks for the pics, I was thinking about getting one but I always assumed it would stick out like a sore thumb. I remember I got an extended battery for my LG vx8300 a few years ago and the thing was massive and protruded atleast a 1/4" out of the back of the phone and it looked horrible.

wow that looks disgusting and the exact reason why I didnt want to get one. The slim one is big enough for me and slightly worries me about the docks since I have both :-/

#30 brando56894, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  7. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member

Ratings:
    +4
    By the way, the car dock for the Droid 2 works with the Original Droid. It doesn't look as cool, but it still does. It works with "inserts", and you can use a normal case even if you remove the insert!

As was said before, all the "original" cases for the Droid 2 fit with the extended battery. There is a "pocket" for the back part of the case that fits the extended battery door perfectly. If you have the original droid, the back half of the case DOES fit snugly on your Droid (I should know, I used one on my OG Droid before getting the d2global), but it won't fit the front half because of the extra curve that hides the "chin", you would need the front half for your Original Droid.

Search tags for this page

droid 1 extended battery