droid 2 bricked please help!!!

killavbeez

Reaction score
i did a post search to try and find someone in my situation, but im getting confused on some of the processes.

heres what i think happened...i was running libertyGB and wanted to go back to rubix...which is froyo based. ive only gone as far as flashing a lot of roms, so im stuck with something tricky like this.

i need to know how to get back to stock, froyo, gb, ANYTHING so that my phone works. the only usage i have with my phone is getting to the android recovery screen (not clockwork), which only allows to wipe and install updates. also a black and white pixel screen telling me to connect usb but it does nothing....i have plenty of roms on my sd card to load. im not familiar with rsd lite etc. please help!!!!!!!!!!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll need to sbf to get back to froyo. Dl rsd lite 4.9, get the drivers from the moto site and the full sbf file for your phone. I'll pm you with my number if you want to call me. I'll talk you through it

Droid 2 APEX -The fastest ROM out there.

OP
K

killavbeez

Reaction score
that url is what ive been viewing the most, but yea i was still unsure. as much as i wish i could get a verbal walkthrough, this bricked paperweight is my only phone. not to mention im barely hanging on to this wifi connection on my laptop haha. this sucks.

anyhow...im going to download rsd, the full sbf, and the moto drivers from that url. once i can get them, whats the process. im on a windows pc. thanks a **** ton.

OP
K

killavbeez

Reaction score
there is a walkthrough on the url, but it mentions going into pc mode, debugging etc...i dont have the use of my phone like that. unless im misunderstanding...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK. So dl rsd lite 4.9. Put it on the pc. Dl the full sbf file and extract it to the desktop. Go to motorola.con and dl the drivers. Install them
When ready, open rsd lite, put the phone in bootloader mode (power and up). It will be a black screen with white writing. It should say usb, okay to connect. Plug it in. It will or should show up in rsd. Click the box with 3 dots (...) and find the extracted sbf file. Now hit start!
Let it do its thing. It will take about 7 min. Then it should reboot on its own. If not it will say, please manualy reboot the phone. Do it. You should be golden, but if not, boot into stock recovery by holding power and x until you see the triangle with the! Now hit the magnifying glass on the keyboard. Scroll down and wipe data, then reboot. That will fix ya

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can also go to youtube and watch a sbf video. There is a great one for the dx that will work with the d2. All the best!

OP
K

killavbeez

Reaction score
yessss. i was able to sbf back to stock. everything seems to be fine. cant thank you enough, and im glad to know that process now.

why does it bootloop or brick when going to or from GB and froyo. i think im going to re root and stick with froyo roms for now. they seemed faster and less buggy. i really want something with the d1 vanilla layout like fission, but fission was a bit buggy too. would you say apex over rubix?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on apex gb. I really think you should stick with gb. Apex on gb has no bugs and is fast as hell. Really. By the way, i'm glad to help!

Droid2Helper

Reaction score
You will have to SBF back to 2.2 Froyo through RSD Lite or use SBF Flash if you are on Linux. If you search for the stock SBF for the Droid 2 you will download that which is roughly 150 - 200 megabytes. That where the bootloader with the screen saying "Connect USB Cable" Comes in. Once you have that up plug it in to RSD lite and then press start. If you have the right SBF file it should work correctly! Hope this helped you!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums