Droid 2 bootloop after loading cm7

mardoon

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am coming from Zombiestomp 1.71. I sbf my phone , reroot it, load bootstrap, Load CM7. Been hearing great things about it. Now my phone is just looping @ M I can't even it stay on so I can re sbf . cycle thru on/off.
When it at the factory default page My Window 7 64 doesn't see the phone so RSLite 4.9 willn't work. Any idea's ?
Thank You all!
Mardoon

OP
M

mardoon

Reaction score
I am a noob today grr o well hold power arrow up. Phone sbfing now. Looks like bad .zip i downloaded
Mardoon

havens1515

Reaction score
Try booting into the factory recovery and wiping data/cache.

Boot the phone holding the power button and the "X" button on the keyboard. You will see an Android with a "!" next to him. Press the search button on the keyboard (not the soft button, the one on the keyboard). That should get you into the default recovery. If the search button doesn't work try the volume up button... I know I've had both work in different situations, it's been a while since I've done it though.

Once in recovery, wipe data/factory reset. See if that helps.

havens1515

Reaction score
..or fully sbf again. That works too. If it really is a bad zip file, that's probably your only option anyways.

sunny757

Reaction score
Any luck? I just did a stock sbf today using rsd lite 4.8. I got stuck at the m logo trying to do a restore from rom mgr. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

sunny757

Reaction score
I was restoring a cm7 build

sunny757

Reaction score
I'm good took a while but back up and running on latest nightly build of cm7

OP
M

mardoon

Reaction score
Yes, ty all I am up on cm7 Loving it! you can close this forum. ty again

havens1515

Reaction score
remember - once you are on CM7, you CANNOT use D2 Bootstrap to get into recovery. Press and hold the power button, select reboot, then select recovery.