ClockworkMod after a bootloop ..

roboots21

Reaction score
Folks,

I was messing around with some stuff on my phone and ended up bootlooping it (my fault). I know before 2nd init I could pull the battery just after boot and then when I powered back up I would go into clockwork. With CM7 on my phone I have tried pulling the battery any EVERY different time I can think of and I still can't get the phone to go back into clockwork to restore a backup. Anyone else have this issue or a foolproof way to get into clockwork if you are bootlooping? Is the only way going to be to SBF?

Thanks in advance.

SWFLDroid

Reaction score
I am by no means any sort of an expert, just a guy who has suffered through 3 bootloops and 3 SBFs. It is my understanding that weather stuck at the boot logo or looping, there is no way to get into clockwork.

If I were you, prior to SBFing I would probably boot into stock recovery, wipe and reboot.

C_BlazE

Reaction score
I am by no means any sort of an expert, just a guy who has suffered through 3 bootloops and 3 SBFs. It is my understanding that weather stuck at the boot logo or looping, there is no way to get into clockwork.

If I were you, prior to SBFing I would probably boot into stock recovery, wipe and reboot.

Yep SWFLDroid is right. Press and hold X on the physical keyboard while powering on. when you get to Andy (the Android with the ! mark) press the Search button ( the magnifying glass) or the volume buttons. and whip cache and data...