bootloop after ninjamorph - GB

turdbogls

Reaction score
First off i want to say that i know how to use NM...used it just fine for months on 2.2.1.

I am on the Rooted/deodexed ROM with the MIUI theme already installed.

anyway, so i made some images i wanted to use for the overscroll, and placed them in as usual. finished project, selected yes, no to zipalign,and OK to reboot. once it rebooted, i got the bootloop.
so i pulled the battery, and tried the start it back up....bootloop again
so i go into clockwork, wipe cache and reboot...bootloop again
so i go to restore a backup i made last night...bootloop again

i am in the middle of wiping data/cach and re-flashing rootedGB right now. hopefully this will fix it, otherwise i will be without a phone for the rest of the day until i can get home and SBF.

just curious what i did that caused issues. i know others have had success with NM and GB

Shawn1976

Reaction score
This happens to me off and on trying to use NM on the ginger bread leak

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

mugsy77

Reaction score
Be aware GB has lots of stuff in different .apk files now. ie framework-res.apk files found elsewhere now.

Which apk ya working with and you are just replacing image files?

Sent from my DROIDX

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
Be aware GB has lots of stuff in different .apk files now. ie framework-res.apk files found elsewhere now.

Which apk ya working with and you are just replacing image files?

Sent from my DROIDX

i originally was trying to change out the scroll_edge.png and scroll_glow.png in the framework-res.apk

i switched out some images in the system_ui.apk and that worked fine. i just got bootloops after changing the framework-res.apk

i have heard it is a HIT or miss for people. but i still dont know why my nandroid would bootloop. just doesn't make sense.

snppr22

Reaction score
I have been trying like crazy to get Ninjamorph to work on my DX with GB. I have installed every busybox out there, I have tried every which way to use it. The end result has yet to change. I have SBF'd four separate times on 2 phones. I have followed every instruction I could find, and nothing makes this work. I am going to attempt one more thing in the morning, although I hold out no hope.

To get my nandroid's working i had to SBF because the bootloop prevented me from getting to clockwork recovery. The only times I didnt have a bootloop I had constant FCs which prevented me from opening bootstrap and attempts to boot into clockwork did not work. Booting into standard did nothing as well.

I would really love to hear from anyone with any information about this. Its really annoying for a paid app to be so useless. I understand GB is a major change, but at least warn us in the market that it wont work. I'd understand if it took some time for a fix. But so far I have heard nothing from the dev.

Equally frustrating is that Metamorph on half works at this point. Maybe 1 in 10 .zips actually does anything on GB. 3G, 1X, Alarm, etc dont work.

Shawn1976

Reaction score
I have found that it doesn't mess up as much if you don't choose to zIP align

my blue Ginger (a work in progress)

OP
T

turdbogls

Reaction score
I have been trying like crazy to get Ninjamorph to work on my DX with GB. I have installed every busybox out there, I have tried every which way to use it. The end result has yet to change. I have SBF'd four separate times on 2 phones. I have followed every instruction I could find, and nothing makes this work. I am going to attempt one more thing in the morning, although I hold out no hope.

To get my nandroid's working i had to SBF because the bootloop prevented me from getting to clockwork recovery. The only times I didnt have a bootloop I had constant FCs which prevented me from opening bootstrap and attempts to boot into clockwork did not work. Booting into standard did nothing as well.

I would really love to hear from anyone with any information about this. Its really annoying for a paid app to be so useless. I understand GB is a major change, but at least warn us in the market that it wont work. I'd understand if it took some time for a fix. But so far I have heard nothing from the dev.

Equally frustrating is that Metamorph on half works at this point. Maybe 1 in 10 .zips actually does anything on GB. 3G, 1X, Alarm, etc dont work.
that is because the old metamorphs were changing icons in the framework-res.apk. in gingerbread, every status bar icon (3G, 1x, signal, BT ect) except the battery (i am guessing that is the one that worked) have been moved to system-UI.apk

and you do know you can get into clockwork from an off state right? you dont have to go through bootstrapper. turn phone off, plug in, wait for large battery to show up, hold power, and unplug phone and it should take.
however the nandroid restore may still give you issues b/c like i said, my restore bootlooped for some reason and i had to wipe and re-flash