Problems installing CM7

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod - D2' started by Lastb0isct, Nov 1, 2011.

1. havens1515

havens1515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Download from ROM Toolbox, at the prompt after it completes do nothing. Hold the power button, select reboot, select recovery. Flash the ROM from there. it'll be in your SD card in a folder called romtoolbox-> downloads -> revnumbers

Yes, when flashing from OTA (or ANY ROM that's not CM7) to CM7 you should wipe data and cache. The general rule is that if you are switching to a different ROM you need to wipe and cache, if you are updating the SAME ROM, you only need to wipe cache.

wiping data deletes all of the settings within the OS and the apps. This needs to be done when switching ROMs because each ROM has a difference set of settings, so the data for those settings is completely different.

2. ldopa

ldopa Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    That's why it's important to backup all your apps with titanium backup

3. Lastb0isct

Lastb0isct Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, that's why I did that...

Thanks for all the help guys. I'll report back in a few days after I've tried it out and let you know how it went.

4. Lastb0isct

Lastb0isct Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, you guys....are officially the ****! I got it working now. I think what might have been ruining it was that I was trying to install it through the RomManager. Instead i just rebooted through bootstrap and installed from there. Then it booted up within a minute! :hail: I'm not worthy!!

5. havens1515

havens1515 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice! Glad to hear it's working. Once you get onto CM7 though, DO NOT use bootstrap. You WILL bootloop and have to sbf. If you need to get into recovery hold the power button, select reboot, then select recovery.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

6. Lastb0isct

Lastb0isct Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So when I want to install a new update to cm7 ill just boot into recovery like that, flash the update and clear the cache and I should be set?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

7. ldopa

ldopa Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Use the power button or rom manager to get into cw and then wipe cache and dalvik. Then install the update. Glad you're happy with the results!