Downloading Themes on UD8???

Tsip85

Reaction score
Ok, I tried multiple times to download the IKandee theme on my phone and I just tried to load the Hot Pink Glass theme on my wifes. I'm having the same problem with both. When I install in recovery, it gets a little more than 3/4 finished installing and just stops. But, it says the install from sd card is completed. So, I tried installing a second time and the status bar showed that it was fully installed, along with the Install from sdcard complete message. However, when I reboot, both phones get stuck in a boot loop. I have tried pulling the battery, re-downloading from the provided links in case something went wrong with the initial download, I've wiped casche and data 3x's. What am I doing wrong???? I've never installed a theme before and right now I am 0-2. Please Help!!!

Trofn8er

Reaction score
Ok, I tried multiple times to download the IKandee theme on my phone and I just tried to load the Hot Pink Glass theme on my wifes. I'm having the same problem with both. When I install in recovery, it gets a little more than 3/4 finished installing and just stops. But, it says the install from sd card is completed. So, I tried installing a second time and the status bar showed that it was fully installed, along with the Install from sdcard complete message. However, when I reboot, both phones get stuck in a boot loop. I have tried pulling the battery, re-downloading from the provided links in case something went wrong with the initial download, I've wiped casche and data 3x's. What am I doing wrong???? I've never installed a theme before and right now I am 0-2. Please Help!!!

You don't need to wipe data and cache. Just install the rom then install the theme right over the top, just like you were installing a rom, just don't wipe data or cache...then reboot and enjoy!

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score

You don't need to wipe data and cache. Just install the rom then install the theme right over the top, just like you were installing a rom, just don't wipe data or cache...then reboot and enjoy!

I tried that also. the first time I tried to load, I didn't wipe anything. After letting it sit in a boot loop for about 10-15 minutes, I pulled the battery, did a wipe, installed...twice so it would finish, and loaded again. same results. I got the Pink Glass to work on my wife's phone, but the last theme listed in the Themes thread, IKandee, or something like that, just won't load. I've tried several times. Oh well...guess I've got to find another one. :) Are the themes listed here the only ones that will work with UD8?

Trofn8er

Reaction score

I tried that also. the first time I tried to load, I didn't wipe anything. After letting it sit in a boot loop for about 10-15 minutes, I pulled the battery, did a wipe, installed...twice so it would finish, and loaded again. same results. I got the Pink Glass to work on my wife's phone, but the last theme listed in the Themes thread, IKandee, or something like that, just won't load. I've tried several times. Oh well...guess I've got to find another one. :) Are the themes listed here the only ones that will work with UD8?

There could be some custom stuff out there but for right out of the box themes I think that list just about covers them...I'm rockin the BlacknBold theme and it is awesome....http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ultimatedroid/79796-theme-black-n-bold-ud.html

OP
T

Tsip85

Reaction score
Was thinking about trying that one. It looks great. But...I'll just have to wait to theme. Downloading UD 1.0 now!! ;)