UD8 Cant install launcherpro or ADW

rnev001

Reaction score
Just installed UD8 and whenever i try to install ADW or Launcherpro from UD8 settings it completely erases all my launchers. The home button doesnt work and it results in a black screen with no launcher. I wiped and reinstalled UD8 like three times and the same thing happens....Any ideas?

OP
rnev001

rnev001

Reaction score
I'm installing UD8 through sprecovery.....update.zip...I wiped and all that
I'm installing the launchers through the UD custom launcher...once its done installing I press home button and nothing happens and when I get tp the home screen its black can't ddo anything but reboot in recovery and reinstall UD8 and start over. This is the same with all 3 custom launchers

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Weird. Have you tried installing from the market?

twentydeuce

Reaction score
This is happening to me also. I thought it might have something to do with reloading my data through titanium backup.

Anyone know what's happening?

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This is happening to me also. I thought it might have something to do with reloading my data through titanium backup.

Anyone know what's happening?

Try installing LP or ADW before restoring your data, see what happens.

OSX2000

Reaction score
Definitely try installing them from the Market. The versions bundled with UD are most likely out of date now anyway.

twentydeuce

Reaction score
I have installed both and they both work. I couldn't actually find LauncherPro through the market, i had to find it online and send the APK to myself though gmail in order to get it to install. Which launcher do you all use?

secretsubscriber

Reaction score
This actually just started happening to me today. I installed UD8 yesterday, tried out each of the launchers, that is, I was able to install each at least once. I wanted to go back to the 3D launcher and it did not reinstall and I had to restore UD8

bluesupra

Reaction score
yeah this happened to me too.. just dont install launchers frim UD menu.. install from market and youre good to go..

player52

Reaction score
how do i remove from phone ive tried uninstall and its still there

i want to be able to have latest version with plus