Download problem

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
Tonight, all of a sudden, I can't download anything from the store. One of my apps started crashing so I uninstalled it and tried re-downloading/reinstalling. Nothing comes down. I just get the flash progress loader that just keeps cycling but no download. I couldn't download anything. What could that be??

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Are you trying to download via wifi or mobile data. If mobile data, you may have a "download restriction" set either in your data settings or play store settings. If over wifi, it could be that you need to restart your phone or restart Wi-Fi (turn off then on again). It could also be that you need to reset your wifi at your router (unplug it, wait for 30 secs, plug it back in).

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Could also be that you need to wipe cache/data for the Play Store.

When was the last time you rebooted the phone? That's where I'd start if the problem is still occurring.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I rebooted. No luck. How do you clear the cache for the play store? I went to the file manager and it's not even listed..

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
PS I download with and without wifi...depends on the size of the download.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I rebooted. No luck. How do you clear the cache for the play store? I went to the file manager and it's not even listed..
Go into settings then apps. Once in apps, swipe to the left till you get to the "all" tab. Scroll down to play store, tap and then hit clear cache.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Try clearing your Google play services data and cache.

074bba9a3b3ab49eb9db8aee19bfef1c.jpg

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I had this problem on thanksgiving.. I thought maybe the play store was down..but everyone else in the house could download and update..I cleared data and the cache on all Google services and play apps...cleared the cache on the device..and even did 2 fdr's...nothing helped...

Then that evening about 11pm ..I could download my apps and everything again...I got in touch with Google..they said it had happened to a few people "but had no clue as to what it was".. It was irritating as all heck is what it was...

I would try it in the morning and of it isn't fixed..contact Google...I'm surprised your issue has gone on so long. Mine was from 6am to 11pm on turkey day....

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
When you have weird problems and aren't sure what app or apps are responsible, try clearing the entire cache partition. It's the same as what you did (cache but not data), but does it for all apps at once. This is a good thing to do once in a while, even if you aren't experiencing problems, especially after a major update:

How to clear the cache on the Galaxy S5 for better performance - AndroidPIT

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
When you have weird problems and aren't sure what app or apps are responsible, try clearing the entire cache partition. It's the same as what you did (cache but not data), but does it for all apps at once. This is a good thing to do once in a while, even if you aren't experiencing problems, especially after a major update:

How to clear the cache on the Galaxy S5 for better performance - AndroidPIT
Yup. Quicker and easier than an FDR. I just did this not long ago on my Note 4.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanks Mustang02. Clearing that cache did the trick. I hate when this happens...much appreciated :)
You're lucky..I wish it would've on mine LOL...yet for myself...another turbo mystery...

Last edited: