Stuck downloading app Can't cancel

tbeaulieu

Reaction score
Hello,

My phone won't stop trying to download dropbox. I even uninstalled the app. It's stuck at "downloading....", but makes no progress. If I cancel the download, it crashes the market app and I get a "force close" button. As soon as I go back in, I get the same deal. Been like this for a week now. Even pulled the battery.

Anyone know how to get it to stop trying to download? I can only imagine that it's chewing throw resources, constantly trying to communicate to the network. Just a guess, but still...

Thank you.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going into settings > applications > manage applications > all and find the market app. Click on it and press clear data.

Sent from my Droid

OP
T

tbeaulieu

Reaction score
There is no entry, as I've already uninstalled dropbox.

Originally, it was installed, but never used.

The update came along, but would not download, crashing the market app.

I kept trying to cancel it and it kept retrying. So today I uninstalled dropbox and went back in. Still downloading. Cancel = crash.

At one point, I actually had two simultaneous download attempts for it.

"stopped unexpectedly". Argh!

OP
T

tbeaulieu

Reaction score
Oh! I'm sorry! I thought I read "go into the app", meaning the one that couldn't download.

That fixed it!

Thank you very much, and thanks for your patience when I being thick.

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh! I'm sorry! I thought I read "go into the app", meaning the one that couldn't download.

That fixed it!

Thank you very much, and thanks for your patience when I being thick.

Lol, it's ok. Patience is a virtue when it comes to things like this. Just remember to enjoy your phone :)

Sent from my Droid

debaucher

Reaction score
Also thanks for that.. I also had the same problem
After I cleared the data I still had the problem so I follwed the steps again then uninstalled the app.
This fixed it and allowed me to re-download and install.

D.

willie321

Reaction score
+1 for the info. Same here with Dropbox, cleared and all is fixed!

driodmatt

Reaction score
Quick question. I have tried your above solution with no luck. I then for some reason decided to go in and try and delete the app in the same area were you said to clear data. Now the apps are still trying to download and I can't even go back in and try to clear data again because they no longer exist. Any suggestions on what to do? I have a droid incredible if that helps. Thanks in advance.