Double icons

Sue88

Reaction score
Suddenly in my apps drawer every single icon is duplicated! At first I thought I was just drunker than usual (kidding). Just prior to this I was trying to change notification defaults for Beautiful Widgets (I was getting double notifications of texts in BW and Handcent). The phone seems to be working fine otherwise. Do I do factory reset or is there a better fix?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I think I remember someone saying that turning the phone off and pulling the battery for a minute fixed this for them. Try that first before a hard reset.

OP
S

Sue88

Reaction score
Did the battery pull twice. No change. I don't have two of everything , for example only one camera, car home, and a few others. Anyone have an idea?

jeremz

Reaction score
That is odd. I have this problem sometimes, but only temporarily. I once even had three of everything. It usually fixes itself after a while, and definitely fixes itself after a restart.

zghortaman

Reaction score
Same thing

For the record, I have the same thing when opening the "draw". All of a sudden, I have two Pandora icons, to calculator icons, and two Visual VM icons.

How bizarre. Not the end of the world, but certainly annoying!

OP
S

Sue88

Reaction score
In the end I decided WeatherBug was the culprit--it causes lots of little glitches. I deleted it and then downloaded it again and my icons were all single again.