Not double, but triple message notifications! help!

cisco0910

Reaction score
First off, i'd like to say that i'm not 100% sure that it's related to the new 2.0.5 release but i've had my droid since November and i've just NOW came with these issues so take this report as you want...
I upgraded to the 2.0.5 (wiped data, restored via nandroid, etc) yesterday afternoon. I've had every sholes from 2.0.1 to the current..
is i've had handcent since early December. I know about the double notifications, go to stock, disable, yada, yada, blah, blah. Well starting this morning every handcent text i get it there's also another notification with a "white envelope". It's not handcent cause my icon is not set to that. I've went to stock double checked notifications is unchecked (it was), i checked and reunchecked it, still getting the white envelope. I know it's not handcent also is because when in settings i use the "test notification" feature a green smiley comes up which is correct without the accompanying white envelope. I quite certain but not totally sure that the white envelope is coming from somewhere besides the stock messaging app and handcent.
For experimental purposes i enabled the notification from the stock message app just to see what happens. Now, i'm getting three notificatins for every text. One from handcent (the pink smiley), one from the stock messaging (grey smiley), and the infamous mysterious white envelope. WTF is this white envelope coming from?!?!?!?!
snap20100216_203358loghi.png

rjax

Reaction score
I think that's a SMS notification from the Missed Call app?

r1nstang

Reaction score
First off, i'd like to say that i'm not 100% sure that it's related to the new 2.0.5 release but i've had my droid since November and i've just NOW came with these issues so take this report as you want...
I upgraded to the 2.0.5 (wiped data, restored via nandroid, etc) yesterday afternoon. I've had every sholes from 2.0.1 to the current..
is i've had handcent since early December. I know about the double notifications, go to stock, disable, yada, yada, blah, blah. Well starting this morning every handcent text i get it there's also another notification with a "white envelope". It's not handcent cause my icon is not set to that. I've went to stock double checked notifications is unchecked (it was), i checked and reunchecked it, still getting the white envelope. I know it's not handcent also is because when in settings i use the "test notification" feature a green smiley comes up which is correct without the accompanying white envelope. I quite certain but not totally sure that the white envelope is coming from somewhere besides the stock messaging app and handcent.
For experimental purposes i enabled the notification from the stock message app just to see what happens. Now, i'm getting three notificatins for every text. One from handcent (the pink smiley), one from the stock messaging (grey smiley), and the infamous mysterious white envelope. WTF is this white envelope coming from?!?!?!?!
snap20100216_203358loghi.png

I have the same issue once i rooted. I figured out how to get rid of it on the bugless beast rom...but i just switched to simply stunning rom and its back again and I cant for the life of me remember how to get rid of it.

r1nstang

Reaction score
do you have Better Keyboard installed? I think it was causing it and I found the box to uncheck by some unknown secret way but cant remember for sure

OP
cisco0910

cisco0910

Reaction score
Someone found the fix for me and, it's not missed call cause i don't have that installed and it's not the better keyboard. I noticed it once i installed Beautiful Widgets Service Pack 2. Once i uninstalled it it went away. BWSP2 has a new widget for texting fyi

knotbeerdan

Reaction score
check and see if it is your google voice notification. If they are texting your google voice number you will have unreads in there too.

r1nstang

Reaction score
thats exactly what it was. Beautiful widgets. hold down on the home screen till the option menu pops up for wallpapers, widgets etc etc. chose widgets. go down to Beautiful SMS and uncheck that box.

Thanks Cisco!