Double Text Messages

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Happens to me with VZW users. I'm not convinced it's solely a Handcent problem as I believe it's a VZW issue.

presslyl

Reaction score
I don't use Handcent but I do use SMS Popup ~ I get the double text messages about %80 of the time (mainly happens with people not on Verizon but dose happen with Verizon to Verizon Texting)

I would love to fix it, it is very annoying.

presslyl

Reaction score
FIXED !! I don't get duplicate text message anymore - I went to the Verizon Wireless store and they wanted to give me a new phone and I told the technician that I didn't wanna do that unless I had to so please try to fix the problem rather then pushing me out the door telling me I'll get a new phone in 2 days.

He called the Verizon help desk, thank god the tech on the phone was willing to try and fix my phone :) after 3 battery pulls and 2 activations everything seamed to be good to go.

I asked the tech on the phone what he did, he said he deactivated my phone completely and then activated it again thinking if there was a mix up in the system then that would clear it up.

So give Verizon a call and tell them what's going on and ask them to deactivate your phone and reactivate.

Good Luck !!!!!

M

Matth3w

I have been getting double text messages for two days now. It's driving me crazy. I'm using handcent, but I need to use either it or Chomp because I want my SMS to vibrate "only when ringer is set to vibrate"...and like others have said, if it was a setting, it would do it all the time.

I've done battery pulls and restarts and it hasn't solved anything. I'm going to try Chomp and see if that works. I wish the stock messaging application had that vibrate only when ringer is set to vibrate option, I wouldn't even use an aftermarket app.

And I don't have any checkboxes checked in the stock messaging app so that isn't it either.

bnaguy

Reaction score
what is name of stock app for messaging? where do i go to stop auto retrieve?

nyijedi

Reaction score
I have been getting double text messages for two days now. It's driving me crazy. I'm using handcent, but I need to use either it or Chomp because I want my SMS to vibrate "only when ringer is set to vibrate"...and like others have said, if it was a setting, it would do it all the time.

I've done battery pulls and restarts and it hasn't solved anything. I'm going to try Chomp and see if that works. I wish the stock messaging application had that vibrate only when ringer is set to vibrate option, I wouldn't even use an aftermarket app.

And I don't have any checkboxes checked in the stock messaging app so that isn't it either.

From my experience, this is an issue with handcent. I would regularly get double texts with handcent, and I rarely get them with stock.

M

Matth3w

Well since I uninstalled I haven't gottena double but it worked flawlessly before so im/ perplexed

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Has anyone found a real fix for this? Im using handcent, and not getting double messages, just notifications with vibration. I think I tried every configuration their is in settings and still happens..

tnewc

Reaction score
FIXED !! I don't get duplicate text message anymore - I went to the Verizon Wireless store and they wanted to give me a new phone and I told the technician that I didn't wanna do that unless I had to so please try to fix the problem rather then pushing me out the door telling me I'll get a new phone in 2 days.

He called the Verizon help desk, thank god the tech on the phone was willing to try and fix my phone :) after 3 battery pulls and 2 activations everything seamed to be good to go.

I asked the tech on the phone what he did, he said he deactivated my phone completely and then activated it again thinking if there was a mix up in the system then that would clear it up.

So give Verizon a call and tell them what's going on and ask them to deactivate your phone and reactivate.

Good Luck !!!!!

screw that lol

msdebi

Reaction score
the problem havent been fixed yet? i had this problem ever since the update, i switched to chomp but it forced closed on me all the time. im currently using the stock app but would want to go back to handcent since i would rather use the android settings that they have and chompsms doesnt have, since they only offer bubble texts. so im hoping the bug is fixed!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
the problem havent been fixed yet? i had this problem ever since the update, i switched to chomp but it forced closed on me all the time. im currently using the stock app but would want to go back to handcent since i would rather use the android settings that they have and chompsms doesnt have, since they only offer bubble texts. so im hoping the bug is fixed!

well Im using handcent and only get one notification now, I played around with the settings and turned off notifications..in settings in googles iMs and dont know how that helped..