double message notification

marvinf

Reaction score
im getting a double notification for messages ,i read all of the things to do about it ,went to messaging settings disable notifications for messages and all of that i still get a notification for handcent and another one that i dont know how to get rid of its an envelope ,its not the regular text message notification , how do i get rid of that envelope ????

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
im getting a double notification for messages ,i read all of the things to do about it ,went to messaging settings disable notifications for messages and all of that i still get a notification for handcent and another one that i dont know how to get rid of its an envelope ,its not the regular text message notification , how do i get rid of that envelope ????

Any other messging apps that you know of like Chompsms?

M

Matth3w

It would be a shame if people actually used the search function before starting a new thread.

OP
M

marvinf

Reaction score
Yeah I tried that and nothing ,its a icon that looks like an envelope and not I haven't installed any other apps .this one seems to be from something else.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My guess is it's a voice mail. Have you checked that?
Do you have any e-mail notifications?

OP
M

marvinf

Reaction score
I've tried that already. I disable email notifications and still I just don't know what else it could be.. ....When do I receive that envelope icon?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We'd need a screen shot of the envelope to take this any further I'm afraid.

bloodstains

Reaction score
Funny, I just registered to post this exact same question!! I too am running Handcent and have been getting the double notifications. I've turned off default notifications, have no other messaging applications installed. I even emailed various messaging app developers asking if it's coming from their program, and they've all said no. It's driving me nuts, I can't figure out where it's coming from!!

I took a screenshot, hopefully I can attach it here so you can see. Same white envelope. Always says "You have an unread message", even after I click on it. Only way to get rid of it is by pressing "Clear".

Maybe it's a Handcent issue? I emailed the developer, no response.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've never seen that envelope. Could it be from Meebo possibly?

+ bump, with the screen shot someone should be able to identify this :)

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
Question! Do you have Missed Call installed, it has a SMS notification feature, maybe you still have it enabled?

bloodstains

Reaction score
Nope, don't have Missed Call. Haven't installed anything new in the last week or so, which is when this started. Kind of thinking more and more it's a Handcent issue, I think they had a couple updates roughly around the same time as this problem started happening.

Nobody else with Handcent has been having this problem?

cisco0910

Reaction score
Funny, I just registered to post this exact same question!! I too am running Handcent and have been getting the double notifications. I've turned off default notifications, have no other messaging applications installed. I even emailed various messaging app developers asking if it's coming from their program, and they've all said no. It's driving me nuts, I can't figure out where it's coming from!!

I took a screenshot, hopefully I can attach it here so you can see. Same white envelope. Always says "You have an unread message", even after I click on it. Only way to get rid of it is by pressing "Clear".

Maybe it's a Handcent issue? I emailed the developer, no response.
i'm having this same problem. It just started this morning. I've had handcent for months. Did you ever resolve this? Or anybody got a fix?