Double Text Messages

brunla

Reaction score
Is anyone getting double text messages? NOT double notifications (I know how to correct that.) It happens about 80 percent of the time. I am using Handcent Sms.

Not sure if this is a Verizon problem or a phone problem.

Please help!

ericcsong

Reaction score
most likely you are getting a message from handcent app and defaut phone setting. turn default phone one off and just use handcent. used to happen to me, but not anymore since I turned default off

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score
How do I do that? I went into default messaging/settings and I turned off notifications and retrieve messages. It didn't work. It still pulls text messages in.

I must be missing something. Don't want to delete app in case I need it in the future.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
most likely you are getting a message from handcent app and defaut phone setting. turn default phone one off and just use handcent. used to happen to me, but not anymore since I turned default off

Same thing was happing to me....And turning off Auto-Retrive in the stock app stopped it.

ericcsong

Reaction score
How do I do that? I went into default messaging/settings and I turned off notifications and retrieve messages. It didn't work. It still pulls text messages in.

I must be missing something. Don't want to delete app in case I need it in the future.

my bad, I was thinking notification. read it wrong. sorry!

OP
B

brunla

Reaction score
It is sometimes. About 80% of the time.Which makes it really bizarre. If it was a setting you would think it would do it every time right?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been getting multiple messages (in Handcent, not dual notifications) on some texts I receive.... just saw that disabling the Auto-retrieve in the stock app may stop this... just disabled... hope if fixes it. :)

Berzerker

Reaction score
Looks like a Handcent problem. I don't get this with the stock app.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I disabled the auto-retrieve in the stock messaging and I'm still getting doubles and triples. Oh well :(

Adam B.

Reaction score
+1 Sometimes doubles and triples. Seems to be a handcent bug.

nyijedi

Reaction score
I've also had this bug with Handcent. It's very annoying b/c I want to use Handcent for the blue LED light and the automatic breaking apart of long messages, but the double texts is just too irritating. For now, I stopped using Handcent and I'm using an app called "Missed Call" to make my SMS notifications use a blue LED.

freeloader

Reaction score
i use stock app. occasionally get double texts... but only from people who have At&t. coincidence? i don't think so... ;-) lol

DriodDude

Reaction score
I occasionally get this problem, but it is with my friends on other services. It never happens with my friends on Verizon, but with ones on AT&T mostly, and occasionally one on T Mobile.