DoubeTwist Music Player for Android is Out!!

soyboy

Reaction score
It doesn't see the music I previously synced using Doubletwist. DT is always bog slow syncing anyway and it takes forever on the desktop to scan my itunes library.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Keeping for now, see if it gets better ...

Now if they added an EQ ...

Omega384

Reaction score
Would be nice if it were a little more functional than the stock music app. I just want to be able to click on an artist and listen to all of the songs from that artist without being redirected to my entire music list if some of the songs from that artist arent labeled in an album, is that too much to ask? Lol, it seems so ridiculous that neither google, or an outside developer, has been able to make a good one, with at least most of the functions of any normal music player.

Royal2000H

Reaction score
Just downloaded it, and brought up a list of artists, and it split them up and categorized them quite strangely. For example, I have 4 Dashboard Confessional albums on my phone, and it listed one album as "Dashboard Confessional" as the artist, "Chris Carrabba" (the frontman of the band) as the artist for another, "Christopher Carrabba" for one, and "Christopher Ender Carrabba" for the final album.

Not the end of the world, but it makes the list of artists much longer than it needs to be, and could be confusing to some.

It also did that for a few other albums, where it used what I assume is one of the band members' names in place of the band's name.

I'll keep it since I got the free d/l, and it sounds like it won't be free forever, so maybe updates will clear up this issue.
You might want to check your ID3 tags. Some music players go by "Artist" others go by "Album Artist". Maybe on some of your tracks have a band member instead of the band in one of the fields (but correct in the other).

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something but I can sync the files I want by drag and drop faster than the DT sync does it. Sure it's manual but sometimes I don't want All my files synced like photos... there is no need to have all 6,000 of my photos on the phone.