DoubeTwist Music Player for Android is Out!!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by JonKyu, Jun 2, 2010.

1. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Hey guys just letting you all know the DB has their Android music player out in the market now. Get it while it's hot, free for a limited time it says.

doubleTwist Launches A Slick Media Player For Android Devices

The UI is really nice! The only thing that kinda worries me is that it uses 18mb when playing a song lol vs the 5mb that stock player uses, so low memory people beware!
  2. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I downloaded it and it's great
  3. Dark Lazer

Dark Lazer Member

Half of my music isn't showing up. I went back to the stock music player and all of it is there.

Weird.
  4. rnev001

rnev001 New Member

no widget for this?
  5. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

I'm really digging the UI, it FC's on me when I try to show albums though so :\, and the mac desktop app for syncing sucks :(

Maybe it's still looking for files? My playlists weren't showing up at first but after coming back to it they were there.

Nope not yet, just came out today. It's probably in the plans.
  6. gotta have that funk

gotta have that funk New Member

rmev, search for this in the market and read the little words they wrote about it. it says right at the bottom "Widget and other features coming soon."

i like helping the helpless.
  7. billyk

billyk New Member

I've been a DoubleTwist user on the PC since December, for transferring music to the Droid. It's so unstable and poorly designed (still seems to be the best, frighteningly enough) that I'll wait on this app until I am sure it's ready for prime time.
  8. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

Seems ok. The UI is a little more polished looking than the stock app. But the functionality is basically identical. I'll keep my eye on it and see if they add some nice functionality or a widget that is better than the stock one. Otherwise it doesn't add a lot right now.

The syncing ability doesn't interest me either. All my music is on my phone already. Drag/Drop works fine. Although it will probably be a nice feature for some people.
  9. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

Underwhelming. It only sees music you sync'ed with DoubleTwist from your mac or pc, not any of the music already on the phone (fail!). UI isn't particularly impressive, absolutely no customization (other than turning on/off automount to PC, which I don't want my phone to do). Oh, and did I mention it's slow? No support for scrobbling, no widget (yet). Just not impressed. Maybe it's because I don't use iTunes (and refuse to install it).
  10. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

In fairness, it sees all of the music that's on my phone. I haven't even plugged my phone into the computer or synced anything. Not sure why you're saying it doesn't. Otherwise, I agree with your points.
  11. sarreq

sarreq New Member

the interface is functionally no better than the stock app. looks pretty, but pretty ain't everything. I personally never liked doubleTwist desktop either, so that's a pointless feature for me. and they plan to charge for it at some point.

no sir, I don't like it....
  12. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

It was able to see all my music with it syncing.

Yeah agreed with a lot the points, at the end of the day it's just a prettier version of the stock music app. I'm going to keep it installed just incase they add in some worth while features later.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  13. alm0614

alm0614 New Member

I still like bTunes better..
  14. timmy

timmy New Member

Just downloaded it, and brought up a list of artists, and it split them up and categorized them quite strangely. For example, I have 4 Dashboard Confessional albums on my phone, and it listed one album as "Dashboard Confessional" as the artist, "Chris Carrabba" (the frontman of the band) as the artist for another, "Christopher Carrabba" for one, and "Christopher Ender Carrabba" for the final album.

Not the end of the world, but it makes the list of artists much longer than it needs to be, and could be confusing to some.

It also did that for a few other albums, where it used what I assume is one of the band members' names in place of the band's name.

I'll keep it since I got the free d/l, and it sounds like it won't be free forever, so maybe updates will clear up this issue.
  15. jimnutt

jimnutt New Member

Odd. I may give it another try. All my music is in /sdcard/Music and it didn't pick up any of it. It may be looking in a specific place for it. It did find my video though.
  16. soyboy

soyboy New Member

It doesn't see the music I previously synced using Doubletwist. DT is always bog slow syncing anyway and it takes forever on the desktop to scan my itunes library.
  17. RW-1

RW-1 New Member

Keeping for now, see if it gets better ...

Now if they added an EQ ...
  18. Omega384

Omega384 New Member

Would be nice if it were a little more functional than the stock music app. I just want to be able to click on an artist and listen to all of the songs from that artist without being redirected to my entire music list if some of the songs from that artist arent labeled in an album, is that too much to ask? Lol, it seems so ridiculous that neither google, or an outside developer, has been able to make a good one, with at least most of the functions of any normal music player.
  19. Royal2000H

Royal2000H New Member

You might want to check your ID3 tags. Some music players go by "Artist" others go by "Album Artist". Maybe on some of your tracks have a band member instead of the band in one of the fields (but correct in the other).
  20. coolkidd

coolkidd New Member

I downloaded it because its free for now... LOL..
Search tags for this page

android app to clean up music

android music cleanup

droid x2 music player skins