Dont like my new D2

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Then I was lied to and I will be off to a lawyer and the BBB. I was specifically told that the 30 days applied to the contract BECAUSE my reason for asking was because I had to try it in my home situation to see if the signal was ok and wouldnt be able to do it until 3 weeks into the contract. If they lied, they will rue the day they tangled with me.
"After 3 days but less then 30 days you will be charged a $35.00 restock fee if you return to cancel or exchange the device. If you cancel you will be charged the activation fee and pay a prorated ammount for the days you used the service. Early termination fees will still be waived. "

The ETF is WAIVED. You only have to pay the restock fee after the first 3 days. I just dealt with this with my sister. There's a $35 restocking fee. If you decide to cancel, you have to pay the activation fee (something you already paid) and your service, which is and should be expected. After that 30 day period, which they consider a 'trial period', you have to pay the ETF, because your contract is pretty much set in stone for 2 years...

BTW, You vs. the big bad lawyers of Verizon? Have fun with that, please tell me how it goes ;)

Last edited:
OP
jimisbell

jimisbell

Reaction score
Nope, I was right.

I contacted the salesman and told him I was going to get a EVO and go with sprint. He then asked me to reconsiderand wanted to know what I didnt like.

I told him I didnt like the service at the house, very weak signal, I didnt like the heavy pull out keyboard, I didnt like the 5 MP camera and wanted an 8 MP camera, and I didnt like the smaller screen.

He suggested that maybe I would like the Droid-X and read me the specs, I said, well, maybe, He said there will be a $35 restocking fee and another $100 to upgrade because the X was a more expensive phone than the 2. I said no I was going to cancel the service within the 30 day period and would return the phone.

I was about to hang up when he said he would waive the $35 restocking fee and would give me a $108 discount on the Droid-x. He did and I ended up with the DX and an extra $8. And he said that the X wasnt to ship till the 22nd of Sept. I got the new phone on the 16th of September!!

I have the new phone in hand and I got the refund on the old one yesterday.

They lived up to their contract in spades.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope, I was right.

I contacted the salesman and told him I was going to get a EVO and go with sprint. He then asked me to reconsiderand wanted to know what I didnt like.

I told him I didnt like the service at the house, very weak signal, I didnt like the heavy pull out keyboard, I didnt like the 5 MP camera and wanted an 8 MP camera, and I didnt like the smaller screen.

He suggested that maybe I would like the Droid-X and read me the specs, I said, well, maybe, He said there will be a $35 restocking fee and another $100 to upgrade because the X was a more expensive phone than the 2. I said no I was going to cancel the service within the 30 day period and would return the phone.

I was about to hang up when he said he would waive the $35 restocking fee and would give me a $108 discount on the Droid-x. He did and I ended up with the DX and an extra $8. And he said that the X wasnt to ship till the 22nd of Sept. I got the new phone on the 16th of September!!

I have the new phone in hand and I got the refund on the old one yesterday.

They lived up to their contract in spades.

You lucked up. SOME things can be done by manager discretion and often depends on the situation and customers being honest (cracked screens, liquid damage, etc). He was wrong about the X being more expensive though, they're both $199. Glad it worked out for you!!

HelpeRX

Reaction score
Hahaah

BTW, You vs. the big bad lawyers of Verizon? Have fun with that, please tell me how it goes ;)[/QUOTE]

SOO TRUE that made me laugh ahhah. They probably have lawyers from like Princeton!

OP
jimisbell

jimisbell

Reaction score
Yeah, lawyers that dont know their A from a hole in the ground in real life but can type boiler plate on the computer. Most are not good lawyers, just lawyers that know how to make it costly to fight. When push comes to shove, if you have the money to fight them, they loose.