Dont like my new D2

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by jimisbell, Sep 4, 2010.

1. jimisbell

jimisbell New Member

I got a Droid 2 three weeks ago because the X was not yet available. However I am going to try to get them to swap me up to an X before the 30 day trial is over. I love the service, but the D2 is not my favorite and as much as I hate the Sprint service, the HTC EVO beats the D2 in my opinion. So if they wont swap straight across I will terminate my service before the 30 days is up and switch to Sprint and the EVO.
  2. dwagner88

dwagner88 New Member

[​IMG]

Nah, but seriously, I don't blame you. If Sprint's service wasn't crappy here, I'd take an Evo over a Droid 2 any day of the week.
  3. HelpeRX

HelpeRX New Member

Regarding swamp

They probably will swamp you for the phone but they will charge I think a 20 or 30 dollar restocking fee. I have the droid x and love it I mean the evo is good too, the only two things I dont like about the droid x is there is no front facing camera and motoblur is not as good as htc sense UI, sense UI is truly unique and beautiful. Nonetheless, I believe their is a new htc phone coming to verizon which resembles the evo not too sure though.
  4. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

There will be no fee involved, wihin 30 days for any reason if you don't like your device you can return or exchange it for a different device or a refund
  5. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

35.00 restocking fee. You only have 3 days from the time you signed your contract to terminate, so plan on paying the full termination fee if you go that rout.

Your better off just trading in for an X or an Incredible. Verizon is not going to let you off the contract without paying. The 30 days only applies to the phone.
  6. SID KELLY

SID KELLY New Member

Hookbill is right about the $35.00 restock fee
  7. jimisbell

jimisbell New Member

no, the 30 days applies to the entire contract, phone and all. Thats why I think they will swap without any cost because if they dont I just cancel the contract and walk away and down the street to the Sprint store.
  8. hookbill

Well, I'm not going to argue. All I can do is share my experiences.
  9. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

listen to hook, he knows what hes talking about

besides i can confirm it lol
  10. vedwed

vedwed New Member

Not true, read your reciept, you only have 3 days for the contract termination, 30 days to exchange a device along with a $35.00 restocking fee
  11. GotnFX

GotnFX Active Member

From the vz website
    Return Policy - Verizon Wireless
    Take for what it is worth.
  12. Mojo

Mojo New Member

I do this for a living..
    VZW rules are as follows
    Device return or cancel with in the first 3 days (not bussiness days) you will not have any restock fee, ETF, and recive a full refund for the device provided your device comes back in the same condition it left in. And if you cancel then your activation will be waived as well. Also you will pay a prorated ammount on your bill for the days you used your phone if you cancel

After 3 days but less then 30 days you will be charged a $35.00 restock fee if you return to cancel or exchange the device. If you cancel you will be charged the activation fee and pay a prorated ammount for the days you used the service. Early termination fees will still be waived.

If 30 days or over you will be charged a ETF (on a smartphone it is $350.00) the activation fee and any charges assoiated with the plan you chose. The phone is yours to keep and you do not return the phone.

Note* if you cancel within the first 30 days you must return the device to the store you bought it from. If you fail to do so or bring the device back dammaged. You will be subject to pay the retail value of the phone less what you paid in store.

Mojo
  13. hookbill

I stand corrected on the contract issue. I thought early termination fees applied after 3 days.
  14. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

I guess I stand corrected too

But we will always find that results will vary, recently I was able to upgrade my wife's Palm Pixi three months after we used her upgrade to purchase it, because of an entire list of reasons dealing with Palm's deteriorating software and handling abilities, we were able to purchase the Dinc at upgrade price and keep the Palm we paid $50.00 for (I sold it for twice that on ebay).

I have also exchanged a device (a few years back) after three days/before thirty and was charged no restocking fee, I just paid the difference in the cost of the devices, so situations will always vary.

I never realized that (in print) there was a $35.00 restocking fee :icon_eek:
  15. jimisbell

jimisbell New Member

Then I was lied to and I will be off to a lawyer and the BBB. I was specifically told that the 30 days applied to the contract BECAUSE my reason for asking was because I had to try it in my home situation to see if the signal was ok and wouldnt be able to do it until 3 weeks into the contract. If they lied, they will rue the day they tangled with me.
  16. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend New Member

"After 3 days but less then 30 days you will be charged a $35.00 restock fee if you return to cancel or exchange the device. If you cancel you will be charged the activation fee and pay a prorated ammount for the days you used the service. Early termination fees will still be waived. "

The ETF is WAIVED. You only have to pay the restock fee after the first 3 days. I just dealt with this with my sister. There's a $35 restocking fee. If you decide to cancel, you have to pay the activation fee (something you already paid) and your service, which is and should be expected. After that 30 day period, which they consider a 'trial period', you have to pay the ETF, because your contract is pretty much set in stone for 2 years...

BTW, You vs. the big bad lawyers of Verizon? Have fun with that, please tell me how it goes ;)
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  17. jimisbell

jimisbell New Member

Nope, I was right.

I contacted the salesman and told him I was going to get a EVO and go with sprint. He then asked me to reconsiderand wanted to know what I didnt like.

I told him I didnt like the service at the house, very weak signal, I didnt like the heavy pull out keyboard, I didnt like the 5 MP camera and wanted an 8 MP camera, and I didnt like the smaller screen.

He suggested that maybe I would like the Droid-X and read me the specs, I said, well, maybe, He said there will be a $35 restocking fee and another $100 to upgrade because the X was a more expensive phone than the 2. I said no I was going to cancel the service within the 30 day period and would return the phone.

I was about to hang up when he said he would waive the $35 restocking fee and would give me a $108 discount on the Droid-x. He did and I ended up with the DX and an extra $8. And he said that the X wasnt to ship till the 22nd of Sept. I got the new phone on the 16th of September!!

I have the new phone in hand and I got the refund on the old one yesterday.

They lived up to their contract in spades.
  18. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

You lucked up. SOME things can be done by manager discretion and often depends on the situation and customers being honest (cracked screens, liquid damage, etc). He was wrong about the X being more expensive though, they're both $199. Glad it worked out for you!!
  19. HelpeRX

HelpeRX New Member

Hahaah

BTW, You vs. the big bad lawyers of Verizon? Have fun with that, please tell me how it goes ;)[/QUOTE]

SOO TRUE that made me laugh ahhah. They probably have lawyers from like Princeton!
  20. jimisbell

jimisbell New Member

Yeah, lawyers that dont know their A from a hole in the ground in real life but can type boiler plate on the computer. Most are not good lawyers, just lawyers that know how to make it costly to fight. When push comes to shove, if you have the money to fight them, they loose.
Search tags for this page

i dont like my new phone from net 10

what to do if i dont like my new net 10 phones

will verizon give me a new phone after 3 montha if i dont li