Dolphin Browser HD

Varking

Reaction score
Why does this app not show up on there site I have googled it and found this and another thread and that's it
From what I understand it is because it is just a Beta for the Browser that they were just inviting their Facebook Page Fans to test. It wasn't meant to be big news just yet.

pcm2a

Reaction score
How do you fit text to the screen?

On a 2.1 stock browser you can pinch zoom in (just like Dolphin)
Next you can double tap and text fits to screen (Dolphin zooms back out)
Last you can double tap again and it zooms out (Dolphin does this)

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
Got this from teh Market yesterday... its pretty slick...

zetachi

Reaction score
hmm seems after I DL this HelixLauncher 2 is now doing lots of FC anyone else?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Love this new version, so slick and so many settings... Just pulled the APK and re-themed it to dark blacks and blues, then re-signed it and it wouldn't install. Damn them. Wish I could get this working, some market apps have this issue...

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I just ran across it today. I tried to search our fourms for news about it using Dolphin HD and the search window would close on me not allowing the search to go through. So instead of getting my lazy butt outta bed to search from my desktop, I went ahead and made a new post on it. SORRY ABOUT THAT. Now I know that this news is about as old at the dinasour poop between your toes.

Anyway, I love this new browser. If they'd incorporate the pseudo-flash feature, it'd be the best thing going.

Have a great day!

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Haven't messed with read it later, but the gestures feature (once you add/edit some) is a "knock me out sally and go for a ride" awesome!

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dolphin HD runs on startup. There's no reason for that. Great browser but I'm not going to put up with that. I've uninstalled it.

EDIT: They updated it and it no longer runs on startup. Yeah!!

Last edited:

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Dolphin HD runs on startup. There's no reason for that. Great browser but I'm not going to put up with that. I've uninstalled it.

I Did not notice this, but I have had the problem with a lot of other programs that I really would like to keep.

Startup Manager solved the problem for me with other did applications. But everyone has preferences.

I really like this browser because it is such a great alternative to the stock browser. The settings menu is almost identical, with more features.

I like x Scope but sometimes the features I like most about it hard to access. Such as pulling down the address bar without grabbing my notification instead. But I like it hidden. On dolphin I just scroll up, or if I'm zoomed in to a page, double tap to zoom out so I can scroll up in one flick. And for fun, gesture ^ to go to top of page.

Showing a friend that wants to check out the phone I don't have to explain little things to a new user to smart phones, Dolphin keeps an advanced browser really simple and stylish at the same time.

Two thumbs up for Dolphin Browser HD from me.

Crap I forgot it was free too unlike my other favorite browser. That's a small bonus.

inevittable

Reaction score
hmm seems after I DL this HelixLauncher 2 is now doing lots of FC anyone else?

Seems to be working fine on my phone with HelixLauncher running.

I really like the new look and feel of the HD, excited to see what new add-ons are coming...hopefully some cool themes.

The add-ons that have be created and are available in the market can be found here.

Definitely worth checking out, and if you were using Dolphin, it will automatically import your bookmarks/most viewed, but not your customized gestures.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good news, there is an update to dolphin HD in the market and it does not autorun on startup. Thank you dolphin.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good news, there is an update to dolphin HD in the market and it does not autorun on startup. Thank you dolphin.

But you wont be able to download youtube videos anymore tho. :(

Yeah, I never had but that sucks. I guess google cracked down on it. Isn't it weird how youtube steals a bunch of content but then they don't want you re-stealing it?