Does anyone know of an Android dictionary app that mimics the Blackberry dictionary?

jpw414

Reaction score
On a blackberry, you can customize the dictionary where you replace word A with word B so you can input all sorts of shortcuts. So you could have it automatically swap "ty" for "thank you" and "yw" with "you're welcome" it was amazing and allowed for a huge array for shortcuts. I amassed a huge shortcut library and typed in this shorthand that i created myself, and it would automatically enter the entire word and it was great. Anyone know if there is an app like that? Thanks

asdfghjkl_em

Reaction score
Omg that was the only thing I liked about my blackberry.

But I don't think there's an app like that, I did a quick search & didn't come up with anything. If I find anything I will surely let you know(:)

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I don't think there is an app like that for Android, but it sounds like I would get along with that app very well.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

OP
J

jpw414

Reaction score
auto text

Omg that was the only thing I liked about my blackberry.

But I don't think there's an app like that, I did a quick search & didn't come up with anything. If I find anything I will surely let you know(:)

I did some digging and there are keyboards for Android that feature. I remembered that blackberry calls it "auto text". The only problem is that there is no keyboard that has both swype AND auto text, there are a few that have one or the other, but not both. Makes me wish i wouldn't have dropped out of college ten years ago for programming. I'd make an app that has both and be rich. Anyways, for those of you who don't Care about having swype, do a search on the market or play i think it's called now, and search auto text, and you'll find several keyboards that look pretty nice. Happy hunting.