Dockrunner app...

shane1v

Reaction score
I got it, it activates the dock screen just fine- Looks cool.
My question is:
Is there anything I can't do if I just use this app instead of buying the dock aside from the dock holding the Droid in a convenient position?

JFDroid

Reaction score
Nope... the app activates the hidden part of the OS that opens up when you put the Droid in the dock, so they are essentially the same, except for, as you said, the dock physically holding up the droid in a convenient position.

You've got everything that someone who shelled out $30 or so for the dock has... except the dock!

bsloan

Reaction score
downloaded today its awesome just like if it were on the doc.

rocketman45

Reaction score
Dockrunner locked my phone in landscape mode

Installed it but then display remained stuck in landscape mode. Had to uninstall and reboot to get back to where display would change orientation based on phone position.

texasPI

Reaction score
Installed it but then display remained stuck in landscape mode. Had to uninstall and reboot to get back to where display would change orientation based on phone position.

When you go from the dock screen to home via the home button you have to hit the dock runner icon again to deactivate it so you won't have the orientation problem.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or you can go under notifications menu and click on DockRunner Active to toggle it off as well.

raven1911

Reaction score
I really like it but find its bright at night, even on the lowest brightness setting. I use my phone as my alarm to wake up so I guess I will have to deal with it or flip the phone upside down. Good app though and free!

Sidewind

Reaction score
I really like it but find its bright at night, even on the lowest brightness setting. I use my phone as my alarm to wake up so I guess I will have to deal with it or flip the phone upside down. Good app though and free!

Hit the Lightbulb on the dock screen it dims the screen

Last edited:

Sidewind

Reaction score
I love the dock app and use it constantly..the only problem i have is if im in dock mode and want to dial a number you cant becuase the dialer dosnt work in landscape mode anyone know if there is a way to fix this with dockrunner running?