DockRunner for Droid

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now I need to find a way to make an easy holder for the phone.. I wonder if I can find an L shaped micro usb plug. I used to have one for mini usb hmmm

Yes, this is available. Have a look here > Right angle USB micro adapter - Google Product Search
This could prove very useful :icon_ banana: thanks
This is sweet, but it would be even better if they would have tweaked it to have a better music player like TuneWiki or something..

On top of that, TuneWiki needs to be made a little better. It either needs bigger buttons to move forward and backward..or needs to use the flick to change song(either would be great). Anyone know if another music player does either of those?
Try RockOn or MixZing also, they are pretty nice music players.
I use this as a dock since I have so many hotel cards laying around:
Cheap and Quick Portable iPhone / PMP stand

I am going to make a hole in the bottom so I cn plug the charger in and then it will be awesome.

FPHGVIKFMMCZ1M5.MEDIUM.jpg
Innnnteresting :)
hmm. i got KeepScreen and selected the Dock program but it still shuts down :(

maybe i need to reboot the phone or something?
Pretty sure the problem is that DockRunner just launches the ACTUAL dock app. So you would need KeepScreen to shut down the dock app, which we don't have access to :(

Jokool_7777

Reaction score
I still want that holder for your car so i can use it as a navigator...even though I have a Garmin Nuvi and Im just too cheap to buy an updated map for it. But anyway.....NICE FIND!!!!!!

Gunghoray

Reaction score
Click the HOME icon in the upper left corner. Navigate to the Dockrunner ICON and click it as if you were starting the program.

That actually STOPS the program.

It's like a toggle switch. Click it once to start the program. Navigate to the icon and click it again to stop the program.

Prof Ray
Recovering Storm Abuser

Reaction score
I love this application, it was one of the first I downloaded. I am still going to get the dock. Anyone who has the dock is it made well, solid build?

Devious

Reaction score
Automatic Dockrunner

I was looking through my previous Holsters and found my Motorola Q holster. Surprise it my Droid fit perfectly. Now here where it get's really interesting.....I had downloaded Dockrunner last week, and now if I rest my Droid on the flap of the holster....Dockrunner automatically runs!

'cos it has a magnet in the flap........just another accidental Droid plus :)

Gunghoray

Reaction score
I'd guess it's not Dockrunner that starts. I'll bet it thinks it is in a dock and just goes to the "Dock" mode. That looks exactly like Dockrunner.

The dock is exceptionally well made, clean, and perfect for me. The dimmer, despite what others have posted, is well dimmed for me. So much so that I have to lean over closely to read the time (yeah, I wear glasses except when sleeping).

PJ_ED

Reaction score
Ive been thinking of making a stand and just putting a magnet in it for a quick easy way to put it in the dock mode without having to run dockrunner, and then running it again to stop dockrunner. The magnet also will put it in navigation mode, just move the magnet 1/2 inch left. I may use the hotel card trick with the magnet for my desk.

KiotaKahn

Reaction score
hmm. I got keepscreen and selected the dock program but it still shuts down :(

pretty sure the problem is that dockrunner just launches the actual dock app. So you would need keepscreen to shut down the dock app, which we don't have access to :(

The actual dock app is in there, listed as "Multimedia Station."

Guindalf

Reaction score
hmm. I got keepscreen and selected the dock program but it still shuts down :(

pretty sure the problem is that dockrunner just launches the actual dock app. So you would need keepscreen to shut down the dock app, which we don't have access to :(

The actual dock app is in there, listed as "Multimedia Station."

SCREEBL works perfectly for this.

Z-Droid

Reaction score
Lol, I was using a refrigerator magnet to go into dock mode. Guess I can put it back on the fridge.

is that to say if i make a little holder for the phone i can add a magnet to the stand which will automatically switch to dock mode when i put the droid in the stand, and then leave dock mode when the phone is removed from the stand? SWEET! can just bend a plexi sheet and mount a magnet at the right place, drill a power cable hole and docking we go...

Z-Droid

Reaction score
oh yeah baby, just tested with an old blackberry holder and it works like a champ. don't need no steenkin app to do it. thanks!

edit: and reversing the magnet polarity puts the droid into the car dock mode

Last edited: