Do you use job websites?

George444

Reaction score
Hello mate,

Hope everyone is doing great so far? I quit my job recently. Now I would like to get a new job. So looking for a job website where I can get a speicific job and searched everyday. Do you use any job website for a specific job?

Thank you!

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dude,

Jobs are like girlfriends. You don't drop one until you've got another already lined up :p.

But seriously, depending on the career field you looking in, one site might be geared better than another. Outside of the Monster.com's also check for professional associations in your chosen field.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
never used a job website. I would suggest if there are companies you would like to work for, check out their websites. most have job listings on them these days.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Also excellent advice. I've done that too. Found out a lot about companies around me, too.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Careerbuilder, Monster, ComputerJobs (for IT), Dice (for IT), and yes, now LinkedIn. I personally haven't been on the job-hunt in about 4 years, but when I was, the first four at least were one I used. I didn't get onboard with LinkedIn until after I was already in my current job so I can't fully speak to that.

And as suggested previously, if you have a particular company in mind check their web site. That would be the best, most direct route to take. Most of the listings on the job sites above are posted by "headhunters" and could start out as contracting jobs rather than an immediate direct hire. Especially IT jobs.

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Indeed came along and disrupted the market. Everyone else is scrambling to catch up now. I post Jobs only on Indeed. What did they do that was so disruptive? They were the first to offer a free option for companies. Monster charges $250. LinkedIn, too. Hell, even Craigslist charges $25.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
LinkedIn and Indeed are easily the best, and will usually have jobs that are posted on company sites themselves.

A good approach is to find a list (from Forbes, usually) of largest companies in your area by revenue - you may be surprised how many small/mid-size companies are around you that you've never heard of. Then use LinkedIn to network your way to your target companies, even if they don't have a position posted that you fit.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I believe going to the companies own website shows you are actually interested in the company. I use monster and the many other sites as a resource to see what is available in my area then go to the individual sites. I never used linkedin. I am now at the age where nobody is going to hire me anyway except for janitorial services :) so do not see the need to use microsofts linkedin

OP
G

George444

Reaction score
I have heard about LinkedIn before. Yeah, that is a good place to get good jobs. Thank you!