Discovery: Handcent MMS texts and stock text messaging

amcas522

Reaction score
First of all, I just upgraded to a RAZR and love it. I don't know if ICS is better because I got the phone last week and immediately upgraded to ICS and I had an LG Ally before.......nuf said.

Anyhoo, people said that they were sending me pictures via text and I wasn't receiving any of them. I just had an epiphany today that it may have something to do with me disabling the stock text messaging app because I use Handcent. So, I enabled the stock app, had my daughter send a pic and, boom, I received the MMS text.

Now I know the what, but I don't understand the why. Why does it matter that I turned off the stock app, and should it matter? Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts.

Thank you.

furbymac

Reaction score
I cant tell you the why. But i do know that go sms has an option to allow it to work when the stock msg app is disabled. I used to love handcent and have found go sms to be a little better.

IDGBZ71

Reaction score
I'm having the above problem as well. Everything worked fine then handcent just stopped receiving pictures. I had to enable stock app to be able to receive pictures. I had stock app disabled so hand cent was icon on my lock screen. Anyone find a fix?