1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Discovery: Handcent MMS texts and stock text messaging

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by amcas522, Jul 10, 2012.

1. amcas522

amcas522 New Member

First of all, I just upgraded to a RAZR and love it. I don't know if ICS is better because I got the phone last week and immediately upgraded to ICS and I had an LG Ally before.......nuf said.

Anyhoo, people said that they were sending me pictures via text and I wasn't receiving any of them. I just had an epiphany today that it may have something to do with me disabling the stock text messaging app because I use Handcent. So, I enabled the stock app, had my daughter send a pic and, boom, I received the MMS text.

Now I know the what, but I don't understand the why. Why does it matter that I turned off the stock app, and should it matter? Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts.

Thank you.
  2. furbymac

furbymac Member

I cant tell you the why. But i do know that go sms has an option to allow it to work when the stock msg app is disabled. I used to love handcent and have found go sms to be a little better.
  3. amusedone

amusedone New Member

Do you have handcent set as the default messenger for SMS and MMS?
    Just a thought.
    :)
  4. IDGBZ71

IDGBZ71 New Member

I'm having the above problem as well. Everything worked fine then handcent just stopped receiving pictures. I had to enable stock app to be able to receive pictures. I had stock app disabled so hand cent was icon on my lock screen. Anyone find a fix?
Search tags for this page
handcent does not lock stock app

handcent mms not sending

handcent no text with picture s4

handcent not sending mms

why i dont receive or send picture messages on handcent app