disabled stock text messaging app, can't re-enable it

turfukkn

Reaction score
Howdy!

I hit disable in the app settings for my stock text messaging app. I was getting dual notifications between that and Go SMS. Now, I'm not receiving any MMS. I've read else where that this is likely from disabling that app. Now, i am trying to re enable that stock app. I found it, at the bottom of the list, but when i click in, there is no option to Enable. Instead, there is a greyed out Disable button.

Btw, this is all on a Droid RAZR M.

So, two questions: is this the right way to get my mms back? And how do i enable the app i already disabled?

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
The greyed out disable button means it's still enabled and can't be disabled... ugh, cuz used to be able to disable it.

For mms, make sure you have 4g/3g data on to send or receive. It won't work on WiFi. Hope that's the only problem.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
And welcome to Droid Forums...and Happy Thanksgiving!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome aboard!! Happy thanksgiving!!! And to you too Tis!!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Happy Thanksgiving to you too, 94lt1! And to your family also!

OP
T

turfukkn

Reaction score
The greyed out disable button means it's still enabled and can't be disabled... ugh, cuz used to be able to disable it.

For mms, make sure you have 4g/3g data on to send or receive. It won't work on WiFi. Hope that's the only problem.

Well that's confusing, because before i click into the settings, it definitely shows it as disabled in the list. However, i was able to force stop it last night. I thought maybe some parts of the service are disabled and some were not?

I had disabled the app before the jb update. I wonder if somehow the wires got crossed.

Is there some way to reset all my text messaging settings?

My data plan service is on. I'm receiving all my sms, just not mms.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
turfukkn said:
Well that's confusing, because before i click into the settings, it definitely shows it as disabled in the list. However, i was able to force stop it last night. I thought maybe some parts of the service are disabled and some were not?

I had disabled the app before the jb update. I wonder if somehow the wires got crossed.

Is there some way to reset all my text messaging settings?

My data plan service is on. I'm receiving all my sms, just not mms.

Yes, I think it was a change with JB because I also used to have it disabled. I never touch the stock text. I wonder if there may be a setting in the go sms app that would make a difference. And you're making me wonder if my mms works. Am going to try to test that out soon.