Can't send or receive MMS messages...

ajmckerihen

Reaction score
So, I've owned the Razr (xt910) for about 4 months now, and I've never been able to send or receive MMS messages (photo/video text messages). When I try to send a photo or download a photo someone texts me, something pops up saying: "No Data connection. MMS messages can not be sent or received until the data connection is restored. Please check your MMS APN configuratin in mobile network settings."

I tried to do what it says...But nothing I do seems to fix the problem...If somebody could walk me through how to fix this problem, I would appreciate it:)

Trash Can

Reaction score
Is your cellular data enabled? Check your Smart Actions settings. MMS cannot be sent/received over WiFi -- a 3G/4G data connection is required.

Note: SMS does not require a data connection.

OP
A

ajmckerihen

Reaction score
Data is enabled, Data saver is disabled. Nothing I have going in Smart Actions is changing my data connection....:/

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Have you tried a factory reset??? I assume you have... but have to ask...

OP
A

ajmckerihen

Reaction score
Just bumping this thread up, because I have yet to fix the problem. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

jeffstine

Reaction score
Same problem here

I have a Droid Pro and have the same issue...Verizon has sent me 2 replacement phones thus far and still have the same problems:mad:

suebanj

Reaction score
just a small questions...I hate to use my verizon data up when I have wireless...Is there a way to have both on but a way to ensure you only use the data when absolutely necessary.....??? (for example when messages with pictures are coming through)

CSchlim

Reaction score
RAZR can't send text messages

I just got a new RAZR yesterday....got several and sent several text messages and suddenly this afternoon....I can't send any messages to the same people I sent to earlier. grrr.....now what do I do?

alexthornhill96

Reaction score
I had the same problem. It got to a point of me getting so pissed i threw at against my wall. Then i figure out that if i take out the battery for a few minutes and put it back in, turn the phone on, then restart it again, it worked fine. Try that if u havent and see if it works. If not, sorry.

Blossom151

Reaction score
alexthornhill96 said:
I had the same problem. It got to a point of me getting so pissed i threw at against my wall. Then i figure out that if i take out the battery for a few minutes and put it back in, turn the phone on, then restart it again, it worked fine. Try that if u havent and see if it works. If not, sorry.

The batteries for the RazR\RazrMaxx cannot be taken out

Lexee

Reaction score
Solved problem sending MMS with ICS stock messaging app (on Verizon)

On my Verizon Droid RAZR M running ICS 4.0.4 I was able to resolve this problem by adding a new APN by the name "Verizon". If you go to Settings/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names, the two APNs that are there by default are "Verizon CDMA HRPD" and "Verizon Internet". The stock ICS messaging app however is apparently hardcoded to look for an APN by the name "Verizon". So just go to Menu, tap New APN, and create a new APN by the name "Verizon" with the same settings as "Verizon Internet". Specifically, the only things you need to fill in are,

Name: Verizon
APN: VZWINTERNET
MMSC: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms

Leave the remaining settings as they are. Then go to Menu and tap Save. This should enable the stock messaging app to send/receive mms.

P.S. You can test to make sure that the new APN you added actually works. For that, you go to Access Point Names in your Settings again, click on the radio button against the new APN, then enable Airplane mode, wait, disable Airplane mode - and make sure that the data connection comes back on, i.e. you see 3G/4G light up in the status bar. If you don't see it, something's not right. If you do, then it works and the messaging app will pick it up.

cowgirl97cummins

Reaction score
Fixed on my phone

I have a droid razr with the play store app "Motorola Restore connectivity". It allows me to restart my phone without shutting it all the way off then turning it back on. So just a little faster process. I downloaded this app because I live in the sticks... Well I accidentally hit the shortcut on my home screen and it 'updated' my settings (like its supposed to) but I exited the app before i let it reboot. After that, I received the error message you mentioned. After reading these posts, I just let the restore connect do its thing and all is good! Try downloading and running the app, see if that helps! Good Luck!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motorola.android.restoreapn.droidrazr&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd

Screenshot_2012-10-18-13-33-44.png