Intermittent text message not sent notification

mullethunter3000

Reaction score
So I am getting a text message not sent error message for two of my contacts. This just started happening today and have had previous text sent successfully with these contacts. I am able to receive text messages from them but cannot send.

I have deleted the thread, deleted the contact and hard reset phone. I am not using any 3rd party text app.

Thanks for the help!

jtpowell

Reaction score
Is it sms or mms? If it's mms you need cellular data enabled. If you are doing multiple recipients you are actually doing mms. I just mention this in case you have a smart action which turns cellular data off.

OP
M

mullethunter3000

Reaction score
Is it sms or mms? If it's mms you need cellular data enabled. If you are doing multiple recipients you are actually doing mms. I just mention this in case you have a smart action which turns cellular data off.

Good thought but it is sms. I think I found the problem, all the contacts I am having a problem with have a 1 in front of their 10 digit number. These contacts were imported through facebook so don't want to go and delete all those contacts and rebuild. Need to find the setting that uses the extra digit for international text

tono80

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have the same problem on my Bionic:

The "Text Message not Sent" error notification keeps coming up on my notification bar. When I tap on it, it says "Message not available".

Therefore, I don't know which message it's referring to. It comes up about once every hour and it's very annoying.

Anyone having the same problem?

frankyvee

Reaction score
So I am getting a text message not sent error message for two of my contacts. This just started happening today and have had previous text sent successfully with these contacts. I am able to receive text messages from them but cannot send.

I have deleted the thread, deleted the contact and hard reset phone. I am not using any 3rd party text app.

Thanks for the help!

Verizon had a nationwide 3g & 4g outage today 21 Dec 2011. It is reported operational now.