Disappearing Apps

bluezdawg

Reaction score
This is becoming a major PIA! Hmmmm, surprised that the disappearing apps issue is not mentioned on the bug fix list! Starting to be a real pain. DROID Forums app has disappeared twice! They'd better be quick on this or my Bionic may find it's way back to Verizon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This will be addressed in the firmware update in November. The temporary workaround is goto setting/applications/manage applications/media area and make sure nothing is checked, if it is, uncheck it and move it to phone. This will solve the prob until the fix is implemented.

N4UPD

Reaction score
That happens on my Revolution.Apps will dissapear and I have to redownload them.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

OP
bluezdawg

bluezdawg

Reaction score
This will be addressed in the firmware update in November. The temporary workaround is goto setting/applications/manage applications/media area andmake sure nothing is checked, if it, uncheck it and move it to phone. This will solve the prob until the fix is implemented.

Thanks for the update Shadez, appreciate the info. Sure as heck, I had just moved a bunch of apps to my SD card, those are the ones that disappeared. The Verizon store folks seemed oblivious to this issue when I asked. Seems they'd at least inform their support folks!

Also, my apologies to all for opening another thread on this issue. I should have searched and/or looked around more first before opening a new thread... duh ;-)

I'm just a bit concerned about how some of these issues may linger. Don't want to miss that 30 day return window if fixes are not imminent.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Thanks for the update Shadez, appreciate the info. Sure as heck, I had just moved a bunch of apps to my SD card, those are the ones that disappeared. The Verizon store folks seemed oblivious to this issue when I asked. Seems they'd at least inform their support folks!

Also, my apologies to all for opening another thread on this issue. I should have searched and/or looked around more first before opening a new thread... dud ;-)

I'm just a bit concerned about how some of these issues may linger. Don't want to miss that 30 day return window if fixes are not imminent.

I am sure it will be addressed or it would pretty much render the phone useless. I know for a fact Motorola engineers are aware of the problem.

hnginc

Reaction score
I was also having this problem. But i noticed a lil patience and the apps come back! Maybe the backup/restore feature does this automatically. Not sure but the apps DO come back!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums